All women interested in military life, post here.

tough_girl

I want every chick who comes onto the site from now on to post here. we women should come together and discuss stuff... That only women could understand. Cuase it just seems like the guys around here are hopeless! lol.... :p But any way, I keep PM 'ing people but no one responds! sucks poo. I want to meet more gung ho chicks who are crazy and motivated like me! Come on girls!

Hey count me in! i'm new here, i'm in the Canadian regular force Artillery (yes, the combat arms!)

GUNNER

cool beans! and welcome! I had a few good friends who are canadian. I wont hold it against you! lol We had this little thing were they would call me a stupid american and I would call them backwards canadians.. It was all in good fun!

Great! so do tell about yourselves, i'm pretty new to this place myself (found it while surfing the web at work heh heh) i've been in regular forces going on 7 years (all Artillery) i'm married (military man-mechanic) and i just had my first baby March of last year.Well today and yesterday were pretty wild around these parts, yesterday it started snowing and about 2 hours into work the electricity went off all over base for an hour, the snow really picked up and the highways and roads were closing left right and center, so all us townies got to go home before we were stranded on base (around noon) this morning we never even made it to work! a snow plow got stuck in the middle of the roads HAHA!! oh well whatever happened to April showers bringing May flowers? all we got was about 2 feet of damn snow!!! well enough b*tching and complaining tell me about you guys!!!

GUNNER

I found this iste yesterday, while I was at work too!!! Thank goodness for an easy military job. I work in communications so all I really do is sit around and wait for somebody to do a radio check a couple of times a day. I've only been in the military for about 6 months now and frankly I love it. I'm not so fond of PT, but eventually I'll learn to love it. Yesterday here, I'm stationed in Hawaii, it rained all day. People actually complain when it rains to much. I guess that is what happens when your building is in the middle of a pineapple field and the red mud gets everywhere. I'm one of the only females in my platoon, there are only 5 and in my company there are only 16. I guess communications is not a major field for women to be in.
Congrats on your new baby, I wish you the best of luck with that. My boyfriend and I are talking about getting engaged. I'm pretty excited I guess, I wouldn't mind the extra money to just be married and live off post.

This is really cool.. You guys can type in my screen name in the search part and find my post that briefs every one about me and all the hopla I get my self into! lol

Hey tough_girl, i read your welcome post, i was the same as you, never thought of the military as a career in my younger days, i hated it but here i am now ;) your physical fitness is pretty impressive, our pt is slightley different, we have to march 13KM in about 2 hours 20 min with a 60pound ruck on our back then do a firemens carry for 100meters after, it's real hard when your 5'2 and 130 pounds! but hey i would never let myself fall behind or quit, we women have to proove that we can be tough and cute :p

GUNNER :rambo:

I totally agree. When I jumped into the program I wanted to be the best, and I wasnt going to let any one beat me.. unless they were goddly physical like a couple of the football players and a few who were in before me.. But at the moment I stand as the top girl in P.T., and about 6 down from the top in total. but since last Wed, when I got promoted to Executive Commander, I'm taking it upon my self to be the top in the whole battalion for P.T. :lol: its gona be tough but thats why they call me tough girl! lol

Im not a guy, but i really do think that having women in the army/any kind of service is really cool.....KUDOS!

:eek:fftopic:

lol... thats cool. Every one needs support no matter who or what the situtaion. Thanks for the imput dude.. but your gona have to be shund for being in the girls room! lol just kidding

Hey, I'm 18 and in DEP status right now. I ship out on July 27th for the Navy. I think it's a good idea for the military women to come together! And maybe I'll learn a few things from you guys before I leave!

Thats what I'm always hoping for. I was just recently made X.O. for my navy jrotc battalion. I"m loving the job. I get to motivate people and make key desisions. Its an awsome job that I worked really really hard for. Alot of the guys around here have been really helpful in handing me bits of info on what not to do and such. This is a great place to look around in!

HI im not a girl ethier but i was just wondering, i wwas having a converation with a guy who wants to be in the military and just like i do and we got talking about getting married, and i was wondering how you women feel about have a husband in the military. Gunner i have already meet from another post so im interest in what you have to say

Hi, yea my husband is military and so far it's been okay, we are in seperate trades and work in seperate buildings but we mostly have the same timings and we usually arent in the field at the same time, we make good money together, but we do have a child and it gets a little hairy at times but over all it's good, at least in the Canadian military.

GUNNER

Thats interesting i hadn't even thought about haveing a kid while in the military and also a wife in my case. That kids has interesting parents.

Your kid: Hey what do your parents do for a living.
THe other kid: o my dads a Dr. and my mom doesnt work, what about ours?
Your kid: Both My parents are in the military.

Or if your kid is a girl
Hi dad this is Phil my boyfriend, Phil this is my Dad Lt.......
Then phil gets really scaried and run away. Dad you scaried another one away, i though we agreed that you wouldn't clean your M16 when my boyfriend is coming over

just some thoughts thanks for the input

lol thats funny.. sounds kinda familiar. My dads military it makes for an interesting child hood. I dont plan on having kids. To afriad I'll mess them up with my plans. lol

Me as a 16 year old kid wouldn't mind haveing parents in the military. The closest thing i have to parents in the military is my dad is a firefighter at Williow Run which is home to the Yanke Airfore Museum. i mamy very interest in military weapons. I think that it would be a great life for a guy that is, A girl i think that it might be a little different.

Back