TO ALL - Please read...

ladyExaura

Hello all...
My name is Sarah. I stumbled on this site while looking for new cadences.

My fiance Ricky and I are both Drill Instructors for the New York Department of Corrections. We teach inmates how to do everything one would learn in regular boot camp (aside from the weapons and UDT)... marching, D&C, PT, cadence calling, uniform upkeep, teamwork, integrity, responsibility, time management, etc. We are considered 'para-military'... so, not the real thing, but we have a deep respect and appreciation for all of you who are serving our country. We consider you all heros and pray for your safety.

My fiance has initiated a program at our facility where he briefs each new platoon on the reality of military service, as told to him by our friend and neighbor Stephen (who is in active duty in Iraq). Each member of the platoon then writes a letter to Stephen expressing their thoughts on what they heard... Stephen reads these letters and then passes them along to the rest of his company.

:bravo: You all have inspired more people than you know. Most of the inmates admit in their letters that they've always taken their freedom for granted and that they've been selfish with their lives. They express a new understanding of honor, responsibility, integrity, respect and thankfulness (and we're talking about everything from gang-bangers and drug dealers to rapists and murderers).

Thank you all & God bless.
~D.I. Monette :drill:
A-4 Running Wolves plt.

~D.I. Griswold :drill:
D-3 Delta Force plt.

Very cool what you guys are doing with inmates. Glad to see they are getting a little self respect and responsibility instead of just free cable and gym time. Welcome to the site.

Back