All the King's Men

deerslayer

Milforum Swamp Dweller
Based on the life of Huey P. Long, famous L.A. governor (my physician wrote a very good book on his assassination). I'll see it next Wednesday for school, but I highly recommend it based on teh previews and the book by Sean Penn.

It's a fictional depiction of the life of famous LA Senator and Gov. Huey P. Long. My physician's father-in-law was his political rival. Long was assassinated, possibly accidentally by his own body guard, in the 30s. He was accosted by a Dr. Weiss, who was shot in the ensuing crossfire along with Long. Donald Pavy, my doctor (and damn good fisherman) ended up doing a lot of research, medical and otherwise, on the murder and holds the opinion that he was accidentally shot by his bodyguard. If you're interested at all in the event, I recommend his book "Accident and Deception: The Huey Long Assassination".

The movie was excellent, very well-done. I even liked James Horner's soundtrack, which is a rarity. Also saw the previews for "Flags of Our Fathers", based on the book of the same title, and have tentative plans to see it.

Back