all charges have been dropped against two of the Haditha Marines

Iran had no real strategic significance to us at the time, because for the most part The Middle East was on our side. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Israel, etc. were all ours, and the others were no real threat to anyone other than Israel.

And we messed up The Middle east even worse with our invasion of Iraq. Saddam was in no ways a nice guy, but he Kept Iran in check. with him gone, no one is holding Iran back. Anything could happen after we leave, which is the only reason I want the US to stay.

and the USSR was going to go anyway. Reagan just happened to be in power when it happened.

Iran had no real strategic significance to us at the time, because for the most part The Middle East was on our side. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iraq, Israel, etc. were all ours, and the others were no real threat to anyone other than Israel.

And we messed up The Middle east even worse with our invasion of Iraq. Saddam was in no ways a nice guy, but he Kept Iran in check. with him gone, no one is holding Iran back. Anything could happen after we leave, which is the only reason I want the US to stay.

and the USSR was going to go anyway. Reagan just happened to be in power when it happened.

Ah, okay....

Poor fellow is shaking in his grave now!

God bless Reagan for doing that!

yes, but what does a the fact carter was a peanut farmer have to do with anything. as i said, he was involved with navy nuclear submarines before that....but somehow you're only concerned with the fact he was a farmer.

is being a farmer less worthy than other professions?

TBH, i give Reagan full credit for ending the USSR. reagans spend up on the US military during the eighties forced the USSR to try and match pace....bankrupting them

and it was Bush senior who was in power when the USSR collapsed....but as i said, groundwork was done by reagan

Last edited:
Innocent until proven guilty.... That is what separates us (USA) from those backward savages. Oh, and backward savages aren't just those that we're fighting in Iraq. I mean Russia, China, Cuba, etc.... Most nations threat you in a manner of guilty until proven innocent.

You will never know the real truth because you weren't there and you're not in the damn trial.

Innocent until proven guilty.... That is what separates us (USA) from those backward savages. Oh, and backward savages aren't just those that we're fighting in Iraq. I mean Russia, China, Cuba, etc.... Most nations threat you in a manner of guilty until proven innocent.

You will never know the real truth because you weren't there and you're not in the damn trial.

100% agreed!

In many countries, the cops often don't even bother for a trial.
I know this for a fact... I won't name the country because it might come back to bite me in the ass (it's not South Korea, it's not North Korea either but I'm sure in North Korea they've got similar stuff). What they do is if you are a criminal and you attempt to run from the police and they catch you, they handcuff you to a railing and shoot you in the leg making sure they get your bone good so that you'll have to get it amputated. They leave you out there so that people can discover you as a bloody mess handcuffed to a hand railing.
In China also, they can capture you and torture you for any reason they want. It's not like you've been picked up several miles away in a foreign country shooting at their troops. They just think that some stuff you do is sorta "suspicious."
Freedom may be a right, but the fact that you can exercise it itself is a privilege of living in a developed, freedom and individual valuing country.

Back