On a alien planet.

Yossarian

Forum Resistance Leader
Ok, here is the scenario:

You are going to a alien planet, that is almost exactly like Earth. Same soil types, and oceanic environments. Same, atmospheric content, and weather. The only thing different, is that you don't know the life forms on the planet. But you do expect they are similar to those on Earth.

So, here is the personnel question. You know you can carry your survival gear, and communication gear, needed to explore parts of the planet.

But,........

You have knowledge, that you can carry only one Side Arm, One Blade for a weapon, and one long gun. Only one of each, for personnel protection. You can carry as much ammunition as you please, and can be resupplied. But, only one type of ammunition. But as many weapon accessories as you want.

So what is your choice going to be?

1 side arm.
1 long gun.
1 blade weapon ( not tool type)( counting bayonets)
1 ammunition type for each weapon.

?? as many weapon accessories as you please, All up to you. (excluding bayonets)

Last edited:
Side Arm - FN 5-7
Long gun - G36
Blade - Wakizashi
Ammo type - For the 5-7, the 30 round box clips, for the G36 the standard 5.56 x 45mm, extra grenades for the launcher
Equipment - Surefire light or the 5-7, AG36 grenade launcher attachment

Last edited:
Side Arm - GLOCK 22 .40 S&W
Long Arm - DSA Arms SA58 OSW with a Go fast switch
Blade - USMC Kabar (Nothing beats the blade of USMC. Good enough for them it's good enough for God Himself)
Ammo Type -

.40 S&W 165 Gr Winchester Ranger SXT JHP
7.62x51mm NATO FMJ
7.62x51mm NATO SP
7.62x51mm NATO API

Equipment -
Surefire M900 light, Eotech 553 Sight, Magazines will have different color tape on the bottom of the magazine body to identify ammunition type.

Surefire X-200 light, Crimson Trace grips, and Lasermax for the GLOCK 22. All pistol magazines will have a plus 5 extender. Thus bringing the total number of rounds in each magazine to a total of 20rds.

sa58osw.gif

Mvc-211f.jpg

My load out will be in a Arktis Long Range Patrol Vest.

the-vest3.jpg

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

Sigma.jpg

I love the Sigma's double hammer, also, if I need to lay out a lot of lead, it's magazine capacity helps. With/ tactical pistol laser. With High grain brass rounds.

AK47.gif

Standard AKMS 47, basically the same rifle as the standard, but with folding stock, I want a weapon that I can easily breakdown, and clean, and will be reliable, in the dirtiest of places. I will carry the cleaning kit along with my gear. I will also have Wolf 7.62x39mm ammunition, since the standard Soviet M 67 round, inflicts poor flesh wounds.

GP-30.jpg

The only accessories other than a sling, for my rifle, standard GP 30 Ak type grenade launcher. I will carry 40 mm high explosive for this weapon.

SWBootKnife.gif

The reason I chose this is over the KB AR, as good as the KB AR is, ( i own one) I don't want to be penned down by something, and have to worry about pulling a knife that has teeth, and other things on it. I want asymmetrical knife, that can easily be withdrawn after a thrust, without getting caught up in the wound.

Oh, I will also wear everyone's favorite, MOLLE gear, I will some how fit the larger magazines on somthing...

MOLLE-712.jpg

And, impressive array Mr. 5.56! 8)

Last edited:
Question: Why fighting knives? If someone/something's in need of killage, why not either shoot it, or beat it to death with your rifle?

I wanted my knife for basic camp chores and cleaning fresh killed food critters.

1 side arm.
1 long gun.
1 blade weapon ( not tool type)( counting bayonets)
1 ammunition type for each weapon.

H&K Sigma .40 Stainless slide and barrel with laser sight and pre-ban clips
145 gr Federal Hydrashocks

Barrett .50 sniper rifle
MILSPEC ammo

WWII USMC Kbar (since youre making me leave my Gerber Multi-tool, ya evil bastard)

Question: Why fighting knives? If someone/something's in need of killage, why not either shoot it, or beat it to death with your rifle?

I wanted my knife for basic camp chores and cleaning fresh killed food critters.

A USMC Kabar is a general knife. It can be used to cut wood, clean and butcher game, used to hammer tent spikes into the round, used as a spare tip, and lastly it makes a great fighting knife also.

When I cannot carry my Leatherman Mutli Tools ot Gerbers, I carry the original mutli tool. I carry my Kabar.

I made the assumption that you carried your tool knife, for cutting, shaping things, and cleaning animals. With your survival gear. My survival knife would be my leather man muli-tool.

Oh in that case then I'll ne carrying my Leatherman Supertool and my Gerber EOD. Two mutli-tools are better then one. Sometimes you need a set of pliers to hold a nut while you're screwing in a bolt. One mutli-tool cannot do that, hence two.

Long Arm: Robinson Armament XCR with 18.5" 6.8SPC barrel, EOTech 550AA w/ flip-up 4x magnification mount, GG&G MAD BUIS and dovetail flip-up front sight, and a night vision sight on a QD mount in front of the EOTech.
Sidearm: GLOCK-20 with Trijicon night sights
Grenades: 4x Mk. II Fragmentation grenades, 4x M67 grenades
Blade: KM2000 or Cold Steel Gurkha Kukri
Equipment: Batteries for my sight, food and water, maybe a cell phone for one time use. Definitely a lighter. And some gasolene.

Ammo: Hornady 6.8mm SPC 110 GR V-MAX, 12 28 round magazines
Hornady 10mm 180 GR HP/XTP

Man, from what I posted, and what others have posted, looks like there wont be any thing left alive on that planet if we all went equipped as stated.

Assault weapons, military explosives, sharp objects,and NV devices galore!:m16shoot:

Sidearm: M1911, and
Grenades: 4x M15 "Willy Peter", 4x MK3A2 CN, 4x M67 Frag
Demo: 2x M180 Craterng Charge , 2x M18A1 with clacker, shitload Primercord
Blade: Krambit or 12in Katana

Equipment: 5.56x45mm m995 AP 12 30 round mags, .45 M1 Tracer for shits and giggles, RBR M-TAC 300 Vest in OD, Blackhawk hip holster, drop leg bag for storage, RBR Level III Mach IV Helmet in OD, OD BDU's in ACU cut pattern, PVS-14M-3A NVG, ACOG 4x32 Scope, Commerical Vietnam Jungle Boots, 3 Day Assault Pack.

Hey, I use Stargate SG-1 as the manual on visiting alien planets. You go in peace but you make sure that you can defend yourself.

Then, might as well carry this, since my fallback rule would be, taking no
Q s and kicking A s.

as.jpg

Just in case....

Last edited:
starship_troopers_chronicles_roughnecks_02.jpg

"Well・・・・・Sergent,How do you think about outfits of those american mobile troops?"
”Sir,Very・・・・ meager outfit as that movie,Sir"
ps_bdsfb.JPG

"They should read original again.

Back