alanis exposes "US censorship"

chewie_nz

Banned
Tuesday, 6 April 2004, 9:35 am
Press Release:

FROM CTV PRESS RELEASE: In a pre-planned, live sketch last night at The 2004 JUNO Awards, Canada's music awards, host Alanis Morissette made light of the recent Super Bowl controversy in the United States when she "exposed" herself on Canadian television. The songstress appeared on stage in a robe and stated that Canadians "live in a land where we still think the human body is beautiful and we're not afraid of the female breast." For more background CLICK HERE
Images from CTV Canada

f9c98015eedc5fb6154c.jpeg

4c8dd817716b46b72873.jpeg

df29e6181bb92279ab31.jpeg

And you actually wonder why I think the way I do about you when you go out of your way to post something like this.

Do I think the Janet Jackson deal was overblown? Yes, I do. Does it have any relevance to "censorship in America"? No it doesn't.

Good ol' Alanis :lol:

Nah, it's not a very good censorship case here. There's just something called indecent public exposure. If you go to an event that has been cleared for nudity, then by all means you can strip down as much as you want. But if you don't, it's agreeing that you will obey the normal rules. Going around in public naked is considered a misdeminor. This is why it's perfectly fine to be nude in a nude beach, while it is not fine to be nude on Wall Street.

No really... :?
I think there are better ways to protest, if you really want to, than that.
It just seems a bit childish to me...

Seeing that makes me proud to despise most famous people and the rest of the "examples of a waste of protoplasm I’ve ever had the displeasure to hear about."

I wish I would never see those people off the screen and never hear them off the radio.

Doody said:
Seeing that makes me proud to despise most famous people and the rest of the "examples of a waste of protoplasm I’ve ever had the displeasure to hear about."

I wish I would never see those people off the screen and never hear them off the radio.

and you didn't think that after her first album???

as I said, I do not want to hear them off the radio. That album was good and all, but that does not give her the right to tell me what I should believe in.

Fox news is drilling a poll that was conducted. The question was does Hollywood share your (the average joe) values. It seems the values of Hollywood (if there are actually any) do not jive with the majority of Americans.

It has been said that once you have kids, your outlook on such BS as those pictures changes. I would be rather mad if I had a kid who saw that. You could say that I did not do my job as a parent. Well, take a look at some of the pictures that are floating around at yahoo.com. I mean it's yahoo right, how bad can it get. There is nothing like seeing some see through fashion crap that no woman in their right mind would wear on the "most viewed" picts.

The only group of celebs that show a degree of values are the country singers. You could say that drinking beer and chasing women is bad. Comparing that to pop culture, that ain't nothing.

I will bash Hollywood all day because they do not set the example for the good life. Well, if your idea of the good life is being a slut, doing drugs, divorce, having kids out of wedlock, constant partying, ect then Hollywood is doing everything right for you...

I'll stop venting now. Hollywood makes me mad :2guns:

Doody said:
as I said, I do not want to hear them off the radio. That album was good and all, but that does not give her the right to tell me what I should believe in.

Fox news is drilling a poll that was conducted. The question was does Hollywood share your (the average joe) values. It seems the values of Hollywood (if there are actually any) do not jive with the majority of Americans.

It has been said that once you have kids, your outlook on such BS as those pictures changes. I would be rather mad if I had a kid who saw that. You could say that I did not do my job as a parent. Well, take a look at some of the pictures that are floating around at yahoo.com. I mean it's yahoo right, how bad can it get. There is nothing like seeing some see through fashion crap that no woman in their right mind would wear on the "most viewed" picts.

The only group of celebs that show a degree of values are the country singers. You could say that drinking beer and chasing women is bad. Comparing that to pop culture, that ain't nothing.

I will bash Hollywood all day because they do not set the example for the good life. Well, if your idea of the good life is being a slut, doing drugs, divorce, having kids out of wedlock, constant partying, ect then Hollywood is doing everything right for you...

I'll stop venting now. Hollywood makes me mad :2guns:

no no....that's fair enough. actaully a pretty good explanation for the backlash against many of the actors/muso's that spoke out against vaerious things in recent times...i still agree with some of them....but as i said, a good explanation!

Yeah a lot of people are sick of them being such arrogant pricks who in general have VERY modest education backgrounds, telling the rest of us how the world works and what to believe in.
That's one of the bits that gets to us a lot. Their education is either on par or is worse than the average dude. They just have a big ass voice thanks to their publicity and money.

chewie_nz said:
no no....that's fair enough. actaully a pretty good explanation for the backlash against many of the actors/muso's that spoke out against vaerious things in recent times...i still agree with some of them....but as i said, a good explanation!

I am glad I was able to vent without offending you. What is amusing is I would have never said something like that when I was a teen. My attitude was "who cares." As I have gotten a bit older, my views have changed. I am sure when I am a father, my did will be young and dumb just like I was.

Maybe it is because I have seen what some of the negative aspects of life can do to people? Who knows, I am not here to preach.

What really frosts me about Hollywierd is that Julia Roberts and Alec Baldwin who are staunch supporters of freedom of speech until Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis, or Charlton Heston try to voice their more conservative opinions. Then it is hate speech.

The event wasn't appropriate for the family audience it was intended for, the only thing she exposed was how much of a dumbass she is.

Btw Chewie, this isn't news, it's listed as april 04', what gives?

Back