alanis exposes "US censorship" - Page 2

--
Boots

February 20th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Yeah a lot of people are sick of them being such arrogant pricks who in general have VERY modest education backgrounds, telling the rest of us how the world works and what to believe in.
That's one of the bits that gets to us a lot. Their education is either on par or is worse than the average dude. They just have a big ass voice thanks to their publicity and money.
February 20th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewie_nz
no no....that's fair enough. actaully a pretty good explanation for the backlash against many of the actors/muso's that spoke out against vaerious things in recent times...i still agree with some of them....but as i said, a good explanation!
I am glad I was able to vent without offending you. What is amusing is I would have never said something like that when I was a teen. My attitude was "who cares." As I have gotten a bit older, my views have changed. I am sure when I am a father, my did will be young and dumb just like I was.

Maybe it is because I have seen what some of the negative aspects of life can do to people? Who knows, I am not here to preach.
February 20th, 2005  
Missileer

What really frosts me about Hollywierd is that Julia Roberts and Alec Baldwin who are staunch supporters of freedom of speech until Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis, or Charlton Heston try to voice their more conservative opinions. Then it is hate speech.
--
Boots
February 20th, 2005  
Chocobo_Blitzer

The event wasn't appropriate for the family audience it was intended for, the only thing she exposed was how much of a dumbass she is.

Btw Chewie, this isn't news, it's listed as april 04', what gives?
February 20th, 2005  
chewie_nz

just found it!
February 20th, 2005  
A Can of Man

While looking for naked pictures of Alanis Morisette? You bad boy.
February 21st, 2005  
chewie_nz

my secret ( and baffling ) shame