Alabama Lawmaker Proposes Gay Book Ban - Page 2

--
Boots

February 13th, 2006  
FULLMETALJACKET

i agree with doody, book banning will become book burning. we dont want that...
February 13th, 2006  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
District 62 Representative, Gerald Allen
The skinny on this guy is that he pulls a stunt like this about once every two years. No one really takes him seriously, but he keeps getting elected because he's a "Good ole boy" in his district. Apparently, people in Alabama are used to it and just give him the big every time he opens his mouth.

Scary.
February 14th, 2006  
Ted

Isn't the answer simple? Just make the laws simple and transparant on this matter. Make it legal and and problem solved!
--
Boots
February 15th, 2006  
EOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven hassell
Only Nazis,communists and Muslim dictatorships are renound for banning literature and U.S. citizens from Alabama have paid in blood fighting all three so to allow this to happen is an insult to thier sacrifice.
Then we must have in Germany more Nazis today then in 1944 because today are more books forbidden in Germany then under the Nazis.
But I have to say I totally agree with you.
I assume there are more countries suspected to be a democarcy which have such problems.
February 15th, 2006  
bulldogg

Doody this is just symptomatic of an underlying illness with society. I agree with you on this. Poor bastard behind it all just needs to find another way of coping with his disturbing dreams about Ricky Martin is my guess.