AL-ZARQAWI Killed in Airstrike!!

I'm curious as to how this will (if at all) affect our economy. My mom says it will, but of course I disagree with her. What are your guys' thoughts?

Hmm...It might...The leading oil companies over there might be more encouraged to sell us oil now that we are showing that we are half way effective at what we are trying to do.

Noow that I have had time to reflect on it, I'm somewhat disappointed by Zarquiwi Death.

It was much too fast. He really deserved something slow and inventive. As I reflect the horrible way he murdered Nick Berg, a heinous act he commited personally, the USAF really did him a kindness. I wouldnt have been as merciful.

Meh, we had to take him where we could get him...It wasn't as if we could have done anything with 7 of his aides and numerous foot soldiers around him...We just went ahead and wiped all of em out. I say a death is a death.

I would have preferred live impalement but being splattered against the wall, ceiling, floor, neighborhood, will do.

Good to hear he is dead. I am going down to hell this weekend to roast marsh mellows over his burning soul. :D

Regarding the economic question, yes it did have an effect, and a positive one to boot (in the price of oil that is). I heard that the price of crude went below $70/barrel, so lower gas prices will start to trickle and we'll stop punching ourselves in the nuts at the pump.

Too bad it didn't take seven minutes to blow him up. Mr. Berg, now you and all the rest of Zarqawi's victims may rest in peace.

CNN has a bit up showing the press conference. There's a picture of the (far too peaceful looking) piece of :cens: and footage of the bombing run that did him in.

I think the threat of revenge because of Zarqawi's death is actually minimal. To tell you the truth, I think that iraqis and muslims in general hated him more then we did, he had a bad habit of killing them (especially shi'ites)

The analysis I heard implied that he was the binding force. Without his charisma to hold things together, resistance in Iraqi could splinter and disintegrate.

this is great news. i read that he was informed on by someone in his own network. people will try to take his place, but maybe this will discourage some of them.

therise21 said:
this is great news. i read that he was informed on by someone in his own network. people will try to take his place, but maybe this will discourage some of them.

I also think this will discourage many would-be insurgency leaders to take his place because they gotta realize that this dude had some pretty crazy security measures not to mention loyal supporters/bodyguards and yet people within his own ranks sold him out and the tip of an American missile caught up to him. It would just show them that sure you can dance then hide all you want but death is lurking around every corner (or up in the air in this case) with an American soldier ready to deliver it. :2guns:

It is important for the public to remember that Zarqawi is only one small piece to the puzzle. This is a huge kill for us in Iraq, but the GWOT spans over several different theaters and there are a lot more bad guys out there to nab. The media and American public in general needs to understand that even though the insurgency in Iraq has taken a hit, there's still a lot more layers to go through. Hopefully, they won't start throwing a fit when the attacks continue and will take this victory for what it is.

It's more of a "one down, time to get the rest" sort of feeling going on right now.

I watched the news briefing this morning and the General answering the world press questions said that Zarqawi was alive when he was removed on the stretcher but mumbled something and died. One of the reporters asked if any attempt to render aid was made and the General said that he died before any effective treatment could be administered.

Now, why would anyone want to keep this abomination from the ooze and slime of the lowest depths of the swamp of hell alive? I can't even imagine someone being naive enough to think he would make it out of Iraqi police custody and then Iraqi military and coalition troops in good health. The same woman wanted to know if he had been shot also.

Missileer said:
I can't even imagine someone being naive enough to think he would make it out of Iraqi police custody and then Iraqi military and coalition troops in good health.
Although in the real world he would probably have had to play "dodge the bullet", it would have been good to have had him interrogated and made to account for his crimes.

missileer, it is not the job of doctors to worry about the big picture
just to worry about the life of a single man:sorry:

SNowblind said:
missileer, it is not the job of doctors to worry about the big picture
just to worry about the life of a single man:sorry:
So glad you are here to correct and educate Missileer.
Might be a good idea for some members here to check someone's profile before they post.
:love:

Back