Al-Sadr at It Again

capt.ny12909022015.iraq_fighting_sadr_ny129.jpg

Okay is it just me or does he have evil dumbass written all over his face.

We will triumph over his little militia.

when i say little i don't mean literally so please don't anyone start getting pissed.

Were he in any other city, we would not have let him leave.

However, you have to respect the Shi'a culture in southern Iraq. They've helped the US more than most know. Sure, they're infiltrated with Iraninan agents, but the situation in the SOuth could be 100X worse.

That said, this guy (al Sadr) is on the ropes. He lost a major endorsement when al Sistani pushed him from Najaf.

I only hope our forces have strong actionable intel in his new city. The US troops have enjoyed substantial actionable intel from the locals (could be more, but certainly could be far less if the locals truly wanted Sadr).

Finish the job so our troops can focus on Baghdad and the Sunni Triangle.

See, the trick is to recruit a Shia military force to take him out. His antics are killing Shia just as much as anyone, so they have no reason to love the man. Ultimately, the sooner Muslims can start solving their own problems, the less we'll hear about the US and its "infidel empirialist crusade".

GuyontheRight said:
We should never have let him escape Najaf :x

I totally agree. We had Sadr and his militia cornered. The interm government brokered a deal to have Sadr and his militia leave without punnishment. A few weeks later Sadr is once again attacking.

There are remedies to this. The first one that comes to mind is one motivated Marine and an M40A2.

Back