AK47 and it's various versions and copies used in the world

EuroSpike

Experiments, opinions, wisdom and wide discussion about the famous AK and AKM-47 family.

Personally i like AKs, specially bulgarian Arsenal, jugo's Zastava and DDR made AKs since their a bit better level of quality. Easy to maintain, simple construction with very few parts, chromed barrel wich can take iron bullets, effective with it's 7.62 x 39 round wich works well in covered terrain and construction's reliability wich works like train's toilet. 8)

The worst thing in AKs are their various quality, specially barrel's wich tolerances are usually big or bigger, that makes weapon inaccurate. The worst and inaccuratest version with lowest quality i have ever seen or shot is chinese made Norinco type56 wich effective accurate range was about 100m :(

What kind of quality are iraq made AKs?

How about Kalashnikov bullpup? Seems to me that all attempts of them have ended up more or less screwed, even the FDF tried its own variant the Valmet M82 that was supposed to be a new paratrooper rifle but it was never issued as a service weapon.

Armyjaeger said:
How about Kalashnikov bullpup? Seems to me that all attempts of them have ended up more or less screwed, even the FDF tried its own variant the Valmet M82 that was supposed to be a new paratrooper rifle but it was never issued as a service weapon.

Dont know any, do you mean

groza1.jpg

Because that is OC-14 Groza.

And this is Valmet M82

VaLMET-M82.jpg

Armyjaeger said:

That M82 was offered to defence forces but it didn't pass the field tests, wich i see only as a good thing.

I was talking to a friend of mine who just got back from Iraq about this. Him and his buddies "liberated" around 15-20 of them and they would play around with them in their free time. He said they were all junk except for 2 or 3 of them, they had been treated extremely poorly. He told me the 2 or 3 that actually worked good were a dream to fire.

Big_Z said:
I was talking to a friend of mine who just got back from Iraq about this. Him and his buddies "liberated" around 15-20 of them and they would play around with them in their free time. He said they were all junk except for 2 or 3 of them, they had been treated extremely poorly. He told me the 2 or 3 that actually worked good were a dream to fire.

That means azizs can't maintain their weapons? Where iraqis AKs come from? Are they russian, chinese or iraqis self made?

EuroSpike said:
Big_Z said:

That means azizs can't maintain their weapons? Where iraqis AKs come from? Are they russian, chinese or iraqis self made?

I'm not sure what azizs means, he was fighting mainly terrorist and insurgents, he wasn't there when we were fighting the Iraqi army. So i'm sure he ran across pretty much every brand and type of AK there.

Big_Z said:
EuroSpike said:
Big_Z said:

I'm not sure what azizs means, he was fighting mainly terrorist and insurgents, he wasn't there when we were fighting the Iraqi army. So i'm sure he ran across pretty much every brand and type of AK there.

Aziz is an arabic name and arabics are nicknamed as azizs and iraqis are azizs, you got it?

I guess iraq made AKs aren't the best made copies of that weapon along with chinese. Jugo's Zastava seemed to be better quality than most of AK clones that i have ever seen untill these days.

Is the new national guard of Iraq issued with bulgarian AKs ordered from Arsenal corporation as i have understod?

I'm not sure about the location of creation for those AKs. I myself like IZMASH AKs. The model AKS-74U.

rocco said:
US has kalashnikov like gun for special forces, a gun which can use kalashnikov ammo...

Galil is a AK made for IDF purposes.

www.securityarms.com

check out all the ak variants

Galil's origin is Valmet M62 and IDF used Valmet's layouts to make their own one.

Actually i originally meaned this discussion for only real Kalashnikovs made in various countries and differences between them, not for their western AK based cousins like Galils, R4s, Valmets and Sakos group wich are the best AK based rifles with combination of high quality, accurate barrel and AKs reliable simple construction. No need to worry about getting jammed ;)

Here's a quick question, which kind of sights do you people like more, the diopter sight or the original AK style sight in assault rifle. Personally I prefer the original AK sights.

Armyjaeger said:
Here's a quick question, which kind of sights do you people like more, the diopter sight or the original AK style sight in assault rifle. Personally I prefer the original AK sights.

Good question man! That could be a good new topic with poll.

I prefer hole sights because faster to use and more accurate to shoot longer ranges.

The AK-47's + Type-56 I and Type-56 II are no longer used by the Russian or the Chinese Military. And since they are no longer in active service by any of these two land powers, the weapons are sold widely across the world. So no wonder this legendary firearm is soo easily accessible.

Luckily for the Russian special units, they get the accurate and good AKs. Also I like the AN-94 varition. It fires 2 rounds almost at the exact same time with one trigger pull and increases hit probabality a huge percentage.

Vitaly said:
Luckily for the Russian special units, they get the accurate and good AKs. Also I like the AN-94 varition. It fires 2 rounds almost at the exact same time with one trigger pull and increases hit probabality a huge percentage.
If you think thats a good thing look up the G11.
The AK seems to be well renowed as the best rifle in the world to have, anyone here think otherwise?

G11, I wouldn't trust my life on that thing. I've seem the interior of it and it looks waaay too complicated.
Im not a big AK fan myself, AR-15 is the thing for me although I don't like the sights of it.

Back