AK47 and it's various versions and copies used in the world

--

January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Topic: AK47 and it's various versions and copies used in the world

Experiments, opinions, wisdom and wide discussion about the famous AK and AKM-47 family.

Personally i like AKs, specially bulgarian Arsenal, jugo's Zastava and DDR made AKs since their a bit better level of quality. Easy to maintain, simple construction with very few parts, chromed barrel wich can take iron bullets, effective with it's 7.62 x 39 round wich works well in covered terrain and construction's reliability wich works like train's toilet. 8)

The worst thing in AKs are their various quality, specially barrel's wich tolerances are usually big or bigger, that makes weapon inaccurate. The worst and inaccuratest version with lowest quality i have ever seen or shot is chinese made Norinco type56 wich effective accurate range was about 100m

What kind of quality are iraq made AKs?
January 9th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

How about Kalashnikov bullpup? Seems to me that all attempts of them have ended up more or less screwed, even the FDF tried its own variant the Valmet M82 that was supposed to be a new paratrooper rifle but it was never issued as a service weapon.
January 9th, 2005  
Snauhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyjaeger
How about Kalashnikov bullpup? Seems to me that all attempts of them have ended up more or less screwed, even the FDF tried its own variant the Valmet M82 that was supposed to be a new paratrooper rifle but it was never issued as a service weapon.
Dont know any, do you mean

Because that is OC-14 Groza.

And this is Valmet M82

--
January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyjaeger
That M82 was offered to defence forces but it didn't pass the field tests, wich i see only as a good thing.
January 9th, 2005  
Big_Z

I was talking to a friend of mine who just got back from Iraq about this. Him and his buddies "liberated" around 15-20 of them and they would play around with them in their free time. He said they were all junk except for 2 or 3 of them, they had been treated extremely poorly. He told me the 2 or 3 that actually worked good were a dream to fire.
January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Z
I was talking to a friend of mine who just got back from Iraq about this. Him and his buddies "liberated" around 15-20 of them and they would play around with them in their free time. He said they were all junk except for 2 or 3 of them, they had been treated extremely poorly. He told me the 2 or 3 that actually worked good were a dream to fire.
That means azizs can't maintain their weapons? Where iraqis AKs come from? Are they russian, chinese or iraqis self made?
January 9th, 2005  
Big_Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
Quote:
That means azizs can't maintain their weapons? Where iraqis AKs come from? Are they russian, chinese or iraqis self made?
I'm not sure what azizs means, he was fighting mainly terrorist and insurgents, he wasn't there when we were fighting the Iraqi army. So i'm sure he ran across pretty much every brand and type of AK there.
January 9th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroSpike
Quote:
I'm not sure what azizs means, he was fighting mainly terrorist and insurgents, he wasn't there when we were fighting the Iraqi army. So i'm sure he ran across pretty much every brand and type of AK there.
Aziz is an arabic name and arabics are nicknamed as azizs and iraqis are azizs, you got it?

I guess iraq made AKs aren't the best made copies of that weapon along with chinese. Jugo's Zastava seemed to be better quality than most of AK clones that i have ever seen untill these days.

Is the new national guard of Iraq issued with bulgarian AKs ordered from Arsenal corporation as i have understod?
January 9th, 2005  
Vitaly

I'm not sure about the location of creation for those AKs. I myself like IZMASH AKs. The model AKS-74U.
January 10th, 2005  
rocco

US has kalashnikov like gun for special forces, a gun which can use kalashnikov ammo...

Galil is a AK made for IDF purposes.

www.securityarms.com

check out all the ak variants