AK47 and it's various versions and copies used in the world

Armyjaeger said:
G11, I wouldn't trust my life on that thing. I've seem the interior of it and it looks waaay too complicated.
Its only complicated if you dont understand it or it is really just too complicated.

I like the G11 stats, whats the inside like?

haven't you seen the inside of G11, its like a 19th century clock. I wouldn't like soldiers looking for spare parts in the middle of firefight :D more moving parts, more prone to jamming.

devilwasp said:
Vitaly said:
Luckily for the Russian special units, they get the accurate and good AKs. Also I like the AN-94 varition. It fires 2 rounds almost at the exact same time with one trigger pull and increases hit probabality a huge percentage.
If you think thats a good thing look up the G11.
The AK seems to be well renowed as the best rifle in the world to have, anyone here think otherwise?

Well the AN-94 is a much simpler shooting platform. It isn't as complicated as the caseless round firing spinning platform G11.

Shadowalker said:
How do the 10.-series of AK's compare to the AN-94 and the past AK models?

They don't have much differences compared to original ones but black more modern looking plastic parts.

Russian AK103 is one of the most popular rifles in finnish reservist use among SAKO m/92 and bulgarian Arsenal. AK103 is cheap and has good availability from stores.

"Well then go for it. You do the poll"

You do, because i just can't :cry:

I'd say the AKs used in Iraq are probally a sea of differant variations. Anything they could buy/get their hands on. That kind of thing.

i think aks an awsome weapon, when it was used by the chinese during the korean war, it was so devesting that a guys armed with it are known to finish off entire platoons - source is my grandfather, he fought in the 38th as a colonel

Kane said:
The AK-47's + Type-56 I and Type-56 II are no longer used by the Russian or the Chinese Military. And since they are no longer in active service by any of these two land powers, the weapons are sold widely across the world. So no wonder this legendary firearm is soo easily accessible.

Russian armed forces still have these weapons in stock and they were / are well used in Chechnya because of the better stopping power over the 5.45mm AK-74. Russian MIA (Police) is using it as well and has quite some upgrades and rebuilt versions as well - like the OTs-14 series etc.
It maye be only a detail but the original Ak-47 is the very first gun being designated as such. It had a milled receiver and was very soon succeeded by the AKM which had a stamped receiver but was still the same gun apart from that - this is actually the gun everybody talks about.

And remarks to some other postings:
The AK-100 series is available in the calibers 5.45x39, 5.56x45 and 7.62x39 and they are Russia's try to get better (or back) into the international market and probably also to the new and potential NATO members which know the system itself very well but convert to standard NATO calibers. Of course Russia is still selling all sorts of army issue AK systems in 7.62 and 5.45mm.

The best western clone of the AK system seems to be the Swiss SIG 550/551 series. I would call it the most precise assault rifle issued to a regular soldier.

paratroopa said:
i think aks an awsome weapon, when it was used by the chinese during the korean war, it was so devesting that a guys armed with it are known to finish off entire platoons - source is my grandfather, he fought in the 38th as a colonel

AK-47s during the Korean War? That's new.
shpagin-41-2.gif

This was the submachine gun used during the Korean War. True the AK-47 was out at this time, but I don't think it found its way to North Korea or China at that time. Not to mention, the Chinese army's equipment wasn't really up to scratch, or else those human waves really would have killed off everyone. But the PPSh was deadly.

huh?? aks were rare in the chiense army during this tiem, but it was found as a nco weapon

it was even used during the battle of huai hai, where the weapon was so devesting aginist the nationlists that it helped to promote the aks value as a rifle

i think that most of the armies got over AK,and made some models based on it.Like this one for example
13.jpg
new assault rifle,M21 which a bit more like galil but it drags on AK side too,it still isnt in serial production since
5.jpg
M70AB2 is still doing pretty fine job ;)

the_13th_redneck said:
Vitaly said:
Also, how is the SIG 550 an AK clone?

It's got a barrel, a trigger and a magazine. Throw that in the pot with a touch of propaganda and *poof!*

:lol:

The breech system is that wat makes an Ak.
The Swiss SIG has the same but differently wrapped, that's all.

Back