AK47 and it's various versions and copies used in the world - Page 2

--

January 10th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
US has kalashnikov like gun for special forces, a gun which can use kalashnikov ammo...

Galil is a AK made for IDF purposes.

www.securityarms.com

check out all the ak variants
Galil's origin is Valmet M62 and IDF used Valmet's layouts to make their own one.

Actually i originally meaned this discussion for only real Kalashnikovs made in various countries and differences between them, not for their western AK based cousins like Galils, R4s, Valmets and Sakos group wich are the best AK based rifles with combination of high quality, accurate barrel and AKs reliable simple construction. No need to worry about getting jammed
January 10th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Here's a quick question, which kind of sights do you people like more, the diopter sight or the original AK style sight in assault rifle. Personally I prefer the original AK sights.
January 10th, 2005  
EuroSpike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyjaeger
Here's a quick question, which kind of sights do you people like more, the diopter sight or the original AK style sight in assault rifle. Personally I prefer the original AK sights.
Good question man! That could be a good new topic with poll.

I prefer hole sights because faster to use and more accurate to shoot longer ranges.
--
January 10th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

Quote:
Good question man! That could be a good new topic with poll.
Well then go for it. You do the poll
January 10th, 2005  
Kane

The AK-47's + Type-56 I and Type-56 II are no longer used by the Russian or the Chinese Military. And since they are no longer in active service by any of these two land powers, the weapons are sold widely across the world. So no wonder this legendary firearm is soo easily accessible.
January 10th, 2005  
Snauhi

Some of the russian special units use AK47 because of its stopping power.
January 10th, 2005  
Kane

Quote:
Some of the russian special units use AK47 because of its stopping power.
and it's durability. The AK-47 is an amazingly high quality weapon.
January 10th, 2005  
Vitaly

Luckily for the Russian special units, they get the accurate and good AKs. Also I like the AN-94 varition. It fires 2 rounds almost at the exact same time with one trigger pull and increases hit probabality a huge percentage.
January 11th, 2005  
devilwasp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly
Luckily for the Russian special units, they get the accurate and good AKs. Also I like the AN-94 varition. It fires 2 rounds almost at the exact same time with one trigger pull and increases hit probabality a huge percentage.
If you think thats a good thing look up the G11.
The AK seems to be well renowed as the best rifle in the world to have, anyone here think otherwise?
January 11th, 2005  
Armyjaeger

G11, I wouldn't trust my life on that thing. I've seem the interior of it and it looks waaay too complicated.
Im not a big AK fan myself, AR-15 is the thing for me although I don't like the sights of it.