AJROTC advice

hey guys/gals, tomorrow i have to go infront of the promotion board! i went last week, and thanks to them not telling me what i was supposed to do at all, i failed. it hurt alot because i am VERY good at what i do in JROTC and i know without a doubt that i diserve to get promoted. well since none of my leadership can tell me what i am supposed to do when i getinfront of the board, do you think some of you experienced cadets could tell me. I guess i shoudl tell you that this is STAFF board(i'm on staff) so it is alot harder than the company board. Thanks for all you help/support.

PS- i knew the answers, i just go a "nogo" on properly answering the questions..ie.."sir the five paragraphs to a warning order is Mission, exictuion, service support, and command and signal and situitation sir."
so if there are anyother "DETAILS i need to know PLEASE tell me, b cuz i really deserve to be promoted and if i get screwed over again i am NOT going to be happy! thanks!

-Ambrosia-

I don't know this might be different because its AFROTC and maybe runs differently by Det. but here are some questions and answers for us.

Cadet, what is the V Article of the code of conduct?

Sir, the V article of the code of conduct is as follows. When questioned, should I become a prisoner of war, I am required to give name, rank, service number and date of birth. I will evade answering further questions to the utmost of my ability. I will make no oral or written statements disloyal to my country and its allies or harmful to their cause.

Or

Cadet, what is the number of my rifle?

Sir, may I make a statement.

Yes cadet.

Sir, you have no rifle, the rifle you are holding is mine. The number of my rifle is 5778546.

It matters the question and the answer...

i've never heard of a promtion board, either we just don't have it in MCJROTC or neither of the schools i've gone to have had it by chance. For us your plt commander fills out a recomandetion and our Major decides whther or not to promote you

i've never heard of a promotion board, either we just don't have it in MCJROTC or neither of the schools i've gone to have had it by chance. For us your palt commander fills out a recomendation and our Major decides whether or not to promote you

hey thanks for all your help... but i did pass the promotion board.. so now i am a SSG (staff sergent) and no i am apart of Army JROTC. I got the highest grade. 96.7%... and yes i had to be recommended for promotion.. but for my school (how all rocts are suppposed to be) after SGT (sergent) you have to go infront of the board. they ask u 4 questions each. And since i'm on Staff the battlion Commander recomends me to be promoted. and then i have to go infront of the board! well thanks for all the support and if u have ne other questions bout it juss ask!

-Ambrosia-

Wow, we do our promotions a lot differently. it's as simple as (for Seamen-Apprentice), "Shine your shoes." Then when we're inspected, "You'll get your promotion. You too, and you. Nice job." Then we get it.

I'm positive none of our promotions to like Senior ranks have a board, either.Our promotions are nice.. for example..

Promotion last week to Seamen: Come afterschool and drill individually with our First Sargeant, basic stationary drill (left face, about face, right face), basic movement drill (forward march, change step march, to the rear march, mark time march), cadence count.

The next we can get on January 1st is to Petty Officer 3rd Class (E-4), which is for..

Calling Cadence
11 Orders Of The Sentry
Question / Answer
Phonetic Alphabet
Take / Shake / Salute

Pretty easy, really. The thing is, to get the promotion you need the promotion before it, and every marking period it's harder to get the promotion. Our first was for shinign our shoes. Now to get it in the scond marking period you have to shien your shoes and learn the first 6 Orders To The Sentry. Lol.

It's pathetic, only 12out of 57 NS-I's have the promotion to Seamen-Apprentice. Out of that, 11 are in my class period. Lol. Only 6 out of the 57 were promoted to Seamen. Pathetic, really.

jrotc rocks my socks said:
hey thanks for all your help... but i did pass the promotion board.. so now i am a SSG (staff sergent) and no i am apart of Army JROTC. I got the highest grade. 96.7%... and yes i had to be recommended for promotion.. but for my school (how all rocts are suppposed to be) after SGT (sergent) you have to go infront of the board. they ask u 4 questions each. And since i'm on Staff the battlion Commander recomends me to be promoted. and then i have to go infront of the board! well thanks for all the support and if u have ne other questions bout it juss ask!

-Ambrosia-
Well congratulations Ambrosia. What did I tell you?

Back