January 25th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Topic: Airliner Anti-Missile System

What do you guys think of this?
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news

Search for the title lol.
January 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Exhorbantly expensive just to deter one of many hundreds of potential ways to attack our country.

Could someone explain to me this laser jamming thing? I'm not to up and up on shoulder fired missiles. Why couldn't you just toss in a crude flare/chaff setup on aircraft to deter shoulder fired missile attacks?
January 26th, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Lol I'm against it since it just raises the country's spending. It's already at $ 427 billion US dollars!!!!
--
January 26th, 2005  
AsianAmerican

Way to expensive, and i believe our airlines are safe right now from any terrorist attack. Maybe we should find another inexpensive way to do this.
January 26th, 2005  
k19

i would like to have it,

AS LONG AS I DON"T SEE MAJOR CHANGES ON THE TICKETS!
January 26th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by k19
i would like to have it,

AS LONG AS I DON"T SEE MAJOR CHANGES ON THE TICKETS!
No, you'd see it in your taxes. $12 billion to impliament with $2.5 billion every year to run it.
January 26th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: sorry

1) to fit it in a passenger air liner would cost way to much

2) Training pilots to know how to use it will cost a lot

3) what you going to do if a missle is coming towards you and you have no protection??

either way there are plenty of radars, land and sea that will pick up a missle, the aircraft's radar would pick up oncoming aircraft any ways, the radar should pick up a missle but either way like i aid before if it does, what they gonna do about it? nothing as they can't.

It travels way over 200mph, ain't no way your running from that bad boy if your not protected
January 26th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

It bothers me when people believe that every thing can be solved if we spend enough money. There is no feasible way to prevent every act of terror or the death that results from that act of terror. Take crime for example. We could put a cop on every corner in New York City to prevent it, but that would require so much money that it could never be done.

On another note, 40,000 Americans die each year in auto accidents while while lass than 4,000 have died in 9/11 and the military action that followed. Why don't we spend that $12 billion plus 2 billion a year (the cost of fitting every plane with a missile defense system) on car safety. We would save thousands more lives doing that than attempting to stop a missile from hitting a commercial air liner.

You have a better chance of dying in a car crash than in an act of terror

Open your eyes

IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE
January 26th, 2005  
Anya1982

Topic: let me think

aha you JINX'D yourself there!!!

It seems to me america is new to this terroisim threat I mean really didn't take notice til 9/11 did they!

USS Cole is another inccident.

Anyways Amercia will find a way to deal eventually and it won't be to spend millions on something that is not needed, wanted maybe but theyare two different things!
January 26th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

I am not arguing the fact that most of my fellow Americans are completely lost when it comes to their knowledge of terrorism. There are very few people in America that knew that Bin Laden had a bounty on Americans back in 96 (give or take). Call me cold hearted but I was not shocked when I watched the towers fall down on that fateful day. My friend from high school and I had predicted that the US was "in for it" back in 97. I thought that the attack would come in the form of a NBC (nuclear biological chemical) attack. I was off a little, but not surprised.

The fact is that Americans have learned to live with the thread of dying in a car accident. We Americans are going to have to learn to live with the threat of terrorism.