Aircraft?

The Other Guy

Spam King
List your favorite aircraft. I will take as many as there are, and will also accept aircraft already put in by others.

Some of my faves:

1. XB-70 valkyre
2. B-52 sratofortress
3. B-1 lancer
4. B-17 flying fortress

more...

The Mig-29 for its shape, speed and agility. Awesome little plane, even though its getting a little old now.

The Other Guy said:
List your favorite aircraft. I will take as many as there are, and will also accept aircraft already put in by others.

Some of my faves:

1. XB-70 valkyre
2. B-52 sratofortress
3. B-1 lancer
4. B-17 flying fortress

more...

b-17?? uck! get a lancaster! lol

harrier ( GR-8 )
B-58 hustler
A-10 thunderbolt II
Typhoon ( the WWII one!)

North American P-51D Mustang
Lockheed Martin F-16C Fighting Falcon
Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker
Rockwell B-1B Lancer
Lockheed Martin F/A-22 Raptor

Vought F4U Corsair (the plane my dad fought so hard to keep in the air)

North American F-86 Sabre (the first fighters I saw as a kid and still love 'em)

Lockheed F-104 Starfighter (known as the "missile with a man in it" and an awesome plane)

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle (one of the most powerful birds in the sky today even still)

Fairchild Republic A-10/OA-10 Thunderbolt II (the first bird specificly designed for close air support and is damned good in the role)

Lockheed Martin F/A-22 Raptor (what can I say? THE bird of the future today)

1 - Me262
2 - XB-70 valkyre
3 - A10 thunderbolt II
4 - Sukhoi-27 Flanker
5 - Jaguar

Because if flies over my house
16_euro_fighter_jpg.jpg

Judging from the size of it, that would appear to be a modern miniature replication and not an actual Spitfire.

No, Chewie, I wasn't sure. That's why I said "appears to be". They are small aren't they? I guess they were always shown in the old movies and documentaries with the best lighting and aspects of view to appear larger as my perception of them was that they were bigger than they are. Here's a pic of the two seater trainer which was the largest Spitfire made of course. Shown on the ground with people beside it to give the best size aspect.

we have some here in NZ at the alpine fighter squadron....they put on the warbirds over wanaka airshow.

it took just four cadets to push a spitfire into position...that surprised me!

My favortie non-military plane is the culp special bi-plane because my dad and I are building one, and they are fun to fly.

my favorite military planes are the F-16 and F/A-22

Back