AIRBORNE82's plimped out post!

ACTaFOOL82

I am 15 years old I live in La Vernia Texas, and I want to be an airborne ranger (after I read Band of Brothers). I found this site while I was searching for General Robert. E Lee quotes. Right now I help my dad in our garage fixing cars and restoring my own, and I just started an ROTC program at my High School (I asked in the 8th grade and 2 years later we got one). I hope to go to college and enter the army. :cowb:

Welcome to the forum.

Send me a PM, and I'll change your username.
We don't allow names like that if you're not related to it in any way.
Sorry..

Welcome to the forum. Good luck with your plans for a career in the Army, it's not a bad job.

ROTC is the Reserve Officer Training Corps, it is a way for college students to earn their degrees while also earning their commissions as officers in the United States military.

82 and many other young men and women here are in JROTC programs, which are Junior ROTC, and are for middle and high school kids. I don't know much about them, but I'm sure one of the hundred odd JROTC people here could fill you in.

sort of a cadets type thing?

interesting, we dont have anything like that down here (that i know of) actually come to think of it, theres a scheme, cant remember the name of it, where u join the forces, and providing u geta good enough ENTER, you do your course. there are benefits of doing this, and you get trained as an officer and have to serve 3 years.
i signed up for that, but didnt get a good enough ENTER.... dammit :(

I don't know about Australia, but we do a very little cross-training with British cadets, we had an Irish (North) RAF cadet doing an exchange program here and we sent one of ours over to England, not sure on the details of their programs, though.

I picked up my car experience just wrenchin with my Dad. I dont know to much about ROTC either, but I am taking it next year for the first time. :cowb:

You are from now on known as "ACTaFOOL82"... :D

Thanks for your understanding.

Back