Airborne School

Cadet_Shelton

I'm a student at the US Merchant Marine Academy and want to attend Airborne School over one of my summers. We have an army liaison, but as of yet he hasn't been a big help. How do I find out if I'm eligible for the training and how do I apply?

Now one thing crosses my mind, and that is why should they want to go to the expense of training you to parachute when you will never use it in the military. If you are going into the merchant marine then the huge cost of training you is wasted, they might just tell you to do it privately at your own expense.

incentive, make there unit look good w/ one of there Marines walking around w/ jump wings or a scuba bubble or some other type of object on the chest.

First you need to find out if the Merchant Marine Service even has a seat/seats at BAC. Then you'd have to apply thru your parent command for that seat.

All the Military Services USCG included have acess to seats. But I highly doubt that the Merchant Marine has access to a seat.Not really a big need for them to parachute anyone anywhere.

Back