Air Trivia

The Other Guy

Spam King
A Simple trivia game of Aircraft.

I'll start out easy and get harder.
QUESTION 1:
Name 3 Heinkel Turbojet powered aircraft.

You got 2 of 3
The 162 and the 178 are correct, but there was one more.
Anyone know what it is? It was similar to the Messerschmitt Me 262.

The correct answer is the Heinkel He-280.

What is the current location of the first American plane to get 2 kills during Vietnam, and what plane is it?

I'd guess it was a F4B Phantom and probably currently in the National Air Museum in DC?

I have it as against MiG 17s on 17 Jun 65.

ahhh, but location.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say the aircraft carrier musuem in NY? (The Intrepid?)

Last guess - as a static display above Yin Sun's Deep-Fried Skittles snack bar in Cambodia.

yup, that's it!

no, it's at the US Air Force Museum in Dayton, Ohio.

QUESTION 3:
Name at least 2 losing aircraft in the specification that brought out the Messerschmitt Bf109.

Actually 3 -
Arado Ar 80
Heinkel He 112
Focke Wulf Fw 159

Closest was the He 112. The Ar 80 had a fixed undercarriage and the Fw 159 had a strut braced high wing and were quickly eliminated. Although the He 112 was preferred, by the time of the trials in Travemunde in '36, the Bf 109 became the favorite.

While we're still waiting, here's one:

Two F-14's were involved in the Gulf of Sidra incident in August 1981. Name their squadron and radio callsigns.

Their sign calls were Fast Eagle 102 and Fast Eagle 107, and their squadron were VF-41 Black Aces?

I think he meant the airforce unit. Actually there were more than one, but i think you refer to the Jagdgeschwader 1

Who was the shortest, in height, RAF pilot in the Second World War, and what was his nationality ? What was his "nickname " ?

Jim B. Toronto.

Just found that thread, I love it: Air Trivia is my hobby...:

Answer: Vernon "Shorty" Keogh, 1.47 mtrs (IIRC he was American)?

Rattler

Back