AIR FORCE???? Motto????

usaf0296

"the few, the proud" "army of one" what the hell is the motto of the air force? do they have an offical motto?, i heard something about Uno Ab Alto, what does that mean?

It use to be "AIM HIGH"----but our fearless leaders have recently changed it to ----"USAF No One Comes Close"......personnaly I hate it since I lived up on the old one.

"USAF No One Comes Close"

This is the recruitment motto, right?

I've been told that the USAF don't have an official unit motto like thoe other branches..

Thats right Redleg. Even though we have tried to have one like our sister services we just can't seem to get one right.

USAF motto's

Here are a few that have been used:
Aim High!
Above and Beyond! (my favorite)
No one comes close!
Defending the Globe!

p.s. I also think "High and Mighty" is a good one.

My Regiment uses "Semper Communis" but it's air force infantry- very uncommon and small part of the German Air Force...

The marketing motto was Cross in to the blue I don't think there is one right now for recruiting. The motto for the air force is fly, fight, and win. Core values are intergrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.

Bumping up and old thread here, but it seems like the USAF is getting an official motto now:

"Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win" to be Air Force motto
10/7/2010 - WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- Incorporating extensive inputs from all ranks and career fields in the development effort, Airmen have selected "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win" as the service's motto.

An enduring statement of Airmen's pride in their service, the motto is a two-part expression -- a call to action, with a response of commitment.

"The call and the response are two sides of the same coin," said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz. "Airmen indicated 'Aim High' and the response 'Fly-Fight-Win' as indicative of their enduring commitment to do just that in defense of our nation."

When the Air Force motto team embarked on the project, they committed to Airmen buy-in in an inclusive, well-researched effort, rooted in Air Force culture and identity.

"Airmen recognize a motto should represent something enduring," General Schwartz said. "It must be bigger than any single person, something that gives voice to the pride of service of all who've worn this nation's Air Force uniform -- past, present and future."

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123225546

USAF: "Searching for a really cool motto since 1948."

Hehe, you should mail them and suggest that as the new motto instead. :cool:

as far as I know the USAF haven't had an official motto until now, only a bunch of recruitment slogans, core values etc. that many has believed where the official mottos.

Air Force Motto

I retired from the Air Force and I'm still not sure what the motto is...it seems to change every few years (sorta like the Navy's did) but the last I heard/saw was "Cross into the Blue". Saw this on TV. Anybody else?

Back