AIR FORCE???? Motto???? - Page 2

--

June 25th, 2009  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
Maybe the USAF could use "To infinity and beyond" I'm sure Buzz Lightyear wouldn't mind.
What about "Up, Up and Away!"
June 27th, 2009  
tomtom22

All right now, let's not turn this into a joke thread!
January 19th, 2010  
mcabigting

The marketing motto was Cross in to the blue I don't think there is one right now for recruiting. The motto for the air force is fly, fight, and win. Core values are intergrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
--
February 2nd, 2010  
PJ24

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcabigting
The motto for the air force is fly, fight, and win.
Nuh uh. That's not our motto, that's the mission / role statement. We don't have an official motto, just a bunch of recruiting slogans.
October 15th, 2010  
Redleg

Bumping up and old thread here, but it seems like the USAF is getting an official motto now:

"Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win" to be Air Force motto
10/7/2010 - WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- Incorporating extensive inputs from all ranks and career fields in the development effort, Airmen have selected "Aim High ... Fly-Fight-Win" as the service's motto.

An enduring statement of Airmen's pride in their service, the motto is a two-part expression -- a call to action, with a response of commitment.

"The call and the response are two sides of the same coin," said Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Norton Schwartz. "Airmen indicated 'Aim High' and the response 'Fly-Fight-Win' as indicative of their enduring commitment to do just that in defense of our nation."

When the Air Force motto team embarked on the project, they committed to Airmen buy-in in an inclusive, well-researched effort, rooted in Air Force culture and identity.

"Airmen recognize a motto should represent something enduring," General Schwartz said. "It must be bigger than any single person, something that gives voice to the pride of service of all who've worn this nation's Air Force uniform -- past, present and future."

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123225546
October 16th, 2010  
03USMC

USAF: "Searching for a really cool motto since 1948."
October 16th, 2010  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
USAF: "Searching for a really cool motto since 1948."
Hehe, you should mail them and suggest that as the new motto instead.

as far as I know the USAF haven't had an official motto until now, only a bunch of recruitment slogans, core values etc. that many has believed where the official mottos.
November 3rd, 2010  
jhigh47

Topic: Air Force Motto

I retired from the Air Force and I'm still not sure what the motto is...it seems to change every few years (sorta like the Navy's did) but the last I heard/saw was "Cross into the Blue". Saw this on TV. Anybody else?
November 3rd, 2010  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigh47
but the last I heard/saw was "Cross into the Blue". Saw this on TV. Anybody else?
Look at post #15 above yours here.
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/586668-post.html

As far as I know the US Air Force haven't had an official motto until now, just a lot of recruitement slogans etc.
January 23rd, 2011  
jejones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redleg
What about "Up, Up and Away!"
lol that's what my teacher said it should b when I asked him what the USAF motto was.