air force/infantry

therise21

i am interested in joining the armed forces, and have determined i would like to be infantry. i would also like to be in the air force. does anyone know if the air force has a medium/light infantry unit? otherwise i will try to get into one of the army airborne units.

FutureDevilDog said:
Well the Air force has Pararescue and Special Operations, but in Special Operations you have to be an officer

Any misinformation posted in this forum will result in a ban for the member posting it. People may make decisions that will affect the course of their lives based on what information they can gather here, and misleading them because you think you know something will not be tolerated.

i am interested in joining the armed forces, and have determined i would like to be infantry. i would also like to be in the air force. does anyone know if the air force has a medium/light infantry unit? otherwise i will try to get into one of the army airborne units.

Well if you're thinking about the Air Force but you're also looking for something similiar to grunt work, you might wanna consider going for the Tactical Air Command and Control job or a.k.a. simply "TACP." It's a job I'm trying to go for and hoping to pass the PAST test on it this week. Anyways, their main role is to basically coordinate close air support for the U.S. Army and 75th Ranger Regiment.
Basically the Air Force's version of the radioman/forward artillery observor except training is a little more steep and you stick with officers more often which means you'll be eating the Wolfgang Puck chow instead of MREs. However, you most likely won't be pulling triggers too often unless a situation arises when it's neccessary since you're just the guy spitting out coordinates over the radio to hit something big.
But whether it's infantry or TACP it all depends on what you want for yourself. I chose TACP over infantry because I actually get to learn some technical skills and get the good "Air Force" treatment while getting go out into the battlefield instead of sitting behind a desk all day. Good luck on the MOS searching, it's personally the longest stage for me before heading off to BMT. 8)

Buzzcut said:

Well if you're thinking about the Air Force but you're also looking for something similiar to grunt work, you might wanna consider going for the Tactical Air Command and Control job or a.k.a. simply "TACP." It's a job I'm trying to go for and hoping to pass the PAST test on it this week. Anyways, their main role is to basically coordinate close air support for the U.S. Army and 75th Ranger Regiment.
Basically the Air Force's version of the radioman/forward artillery observor except training is a little more steep and you stick with officers more often which means you'll be eating the Wolfgang Puck chow instead of MREs. However, you most likely won't be pulling triggers too often unless a situation arises when it's neccessary since you're just the guy spitting out coordinates over the radio to hit something big.
But whether it's infantry or TACP it all depends on what you want for yourself. I chose TACP over infantry because I actually get to learn some technical skills and get the good "Air Force" treatment while getting go out into the battlefield instead of sitting behind a desk all day. Good luck on the MOS searching, it's personally the longest stage for me before heading off to BMT. 8)

Hate to bust yer bubble there high speed but.........................................

If you operate with the Grunts. You live like the Grunts, you live with the Grunts, you hump like the Grunts, sleep on the ground like the Grunts, chew dirt like the Grunts, dodge incoming like the Grunts. Go hungry and thirsty like the Grunts.

Wolfgang Puck Chow? Boy oh Boy did someone sell you a line. FO's, TACP's, NGF Teams operate with Forward Manuver elements at the FEBA and beyond. Will you be operating with Officers? Yes . Company and Plt Commanders coordinating fire for them in the assault and defense.So you I guess you'll get the Officer Version of the MRE? Infantry Officers eat the same chow as their men.

As far as spitting out grids and azimuths over the radio instead of fighting. Well hopefully you will never have to learn how hard it is to direct aircraft, or supporting arms fire while taking fire, while everybody around you is hunkered down waiting for you to make it stop.

I gotta lotta love for FO's and Facs and TACP's they provide vital service to the Infantry. But somebody sure sugar coated it for you.

Back