Air Force Fills Out Army Ranks in Iraq

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
Air Force Fills Out Army Ranks in Iraq
By MICHELLE ROBERTS
Associated Press Writer

[FONT=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]CAMP BULLIS, Texas - A row of rumbling flatbed trucks and Humvees outfitted with gun turrets lurches toward a mock village of cinderblock buildings where instructors posing as insurgents wait to test the trainees' convoy protection skills. [/FONT]
The training range is Army, as is the duty itself - one of the most dangerous in Iraq these days. But the young men and women clad in camouflage and helmets training to run and protect convoys are not Army; they're Air Force.
They are part of a small but steady stream of airmen being trained to do Army duty under the Army chain of command, a tangible sign the Pentagon was scouring the military to aid an Iraq force that was stretched long before President Bush ordered 21,500 additional U.S. troops there.

[FONT=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]more here: http://kevxml2adsl.verizon.net/_1_J...80&qcat=usnews&ran=8629&passqi=&feed=ap&top=1[/FONT]

[FONT=sans-serif,Arial,Helvetica]I guess George will take them any way he can.[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hmm...well, it's about time for the Air Force to do something on the ground in Iraq.

Buddy of mine in the Air Force told me that during basic, they pushed alot of ground combat training. Looksm like the US Air Force is getting ready to fight on the ground.

Hmm...well, it's about time for the Air Force to do something on the ground in Iraq.

Pretty stupid to assume they haven't been. It's always a good idea to know what you're talking about before you open your mouth, ya know?

Marines and Navy guys fly combat aircraft.
I'm sure Airmen can adapt to this mission too.

Regular AF have been out running convoy ops for awhile now. Security Forces do a lot of them.

^^^ Schooling the youngsters on the art of INTELLIGENT COMMENT... the Air Force has been doing stuff on the ground since at least Vietnam that I know of. My uncle was in the USAF in Vietnam and was attached to MACV-SOG for two years. Not going to talk about what he did on an open forum like this but suffice to say he was on the ground and he wasn't in an A/C office drinking coffee and listening to Armed Forces Radio.

Back