Air Force B-52 carries armed Nucs by mistake ...

he will be the very first person who will play the blame game when a nuclear accident kills thousands ... so allow him his fairydreams.

Well, I for one wouldn't be able to fathom the response from some of the people on this Board had this same event taken place under a different Administration.

We are talking about the world's best army, world's best air force, and how can this happen ? It can not be a mistake because if you are best in the world you can not make such a stupid mistake. So there must be something unknown behind this.

At a guess I would go with the old maxim "familiarity breeds contempt" it happens in all aspects of life regardless of what field you are in.

I am stuck between both camps on this one as I accept it was "just" a mistake but it was a mistake that could have had some major ramifications and therefore needs to be taken seriously.

I don't think anyone here seriously argues (other than oRTouCH) that this was a mistake. However there seems to be (for some reason) a split on how seriously something like this should be taken.

Well, I for one wouldn't be able to fathom the response from some of the people on this Board had this same event taken place under a different Administration.

Have to agree with you where others are concerned ... however ... having been a member of a Nuclear Weapons Loading Team, I would have the very same concerned attitude I have articulated on my other posts.

You DON'T mess around with Nuc Weapons ... and ... you for sure don't break the security procedures (or) instructions that have been put in place to stop FUBAR operations like the one that recently took place.

P80's views don't make sense to me ... he seems to want to trivialize a FUBAR that is about as serious a blunder as I have ever seen ... I don't understand people like him. He seems to want to go through life with his head stuck in the sand.

Last edited:
We are talking about the world's best army, world's best air force, and how can this happen ? It can not be a mistake because if you are best in the world you can not make such a stupid mistake. So there must be something unknown behind this.

Some loonie bloggers from the left side have argued that this could be a simulated bombing run against Iran.... I'll find the link to it

P80's views don't make sense to me ... he seems to want to trivialize a FUBAR that is about as serious a blunder as I have ever seen ... I don't understand people like him. He seems to want to go through life with his head stuck in the sand.

I am at liberty to believe whatever I want. Your views are extremely biased and make me feel you're doing this on purpose to bash the US armed forces during the time of war.

Some loonie bloggers from the left side have argued that this could be a simulated bombing run against Iran.... I'll find the link to it

Yeah well I don't believe that and I'm sure a lot of people here don't believe that either.
You can criticize Chief Bones' ideas etc. but only if you are right about it. CB may have been biased in other posts but in this case, all that has been shown so far is pretty solid evidence that there was a huge screwup with the Air Force. The rest of the accusations and links to the administration have been made only by you.
I see no attack on the administration, nor do I even see any mention of the administration other than your posts and one reply to your accusations.

Yeah well I don't believe that and I'm sure a lot of people here don't believe that either.
You can criticize Chief Bones' ideas etc. but only if you are right about it. CB may have been biased in other posts but in this case, all that has been shown so far is pretty solid evidence that there was a huge screwup with the Air Force. The rest of the accusations and links to the administration have been made only by you.
I see no attack on the administration, nor do I even see any mention of the administration other than your posts and one reply to your accusations.

None of these people here claiming to be nuke experts CAN do any thing about what has happened in the past. Time to move on and stop the anti-military rantings!

Last edited:
Have to agree with you where others are concerned ... however ... having been a member of a Nuclear Weapons Loading Team, I would have the very same concerned attitude I have articulated on my other posts.

You DON'T mess around with Nuc Weapons ... and ... you for sure don't break the security procedures (or) instructions that have been put in place to stop FUBAR operations like the one that recently took place.

I had a CNWDI Clearance while in EOD, EOD is by definition the roughest with the Special Weapons out of any MOS in the Military, and we still treated a Special like it was a new born baby..... well a new born that was in need of emergency disassembly or distruct, render safe, and disposal.

As you know, there are never any simple mistakes when dealing with Special Weapons, hell just being rough with a Special could casuse EOD to have to go to work.

For those who may view this as just a simple mistake I say that it would not be possible, as there are many layers involved, a mistake would have needed to take place at each step along the way, compounding, growing larger, the end result being the fact of having 6 Special Weapons misplaced, come up missing for a few hours, and mistakenly turn up at a different Base many miles away.

Last edited:
I am at liberty to believe whatever I want. Your views are extremely biased and make me feel you're doing this on purpose to bash the US armed forces during the time of war.

YOU WILL STAND DOWN AS OF NOW!!!!

The bashing or accusing a CPO of bashing the United States Armed Forces in a time of war will not be tolorated.

Nothing in this discussion has amounted to bashing,smearing or otherwise desparging to the US Armed Forces except in your view.

Your accustions are thru move on.

YOU DON'T MAKE MISTAKES WHERE NUCLEAR WEAPONS ARE CONCERNED.

Gotta agree with the Chief on this one.

The officers and NCOs who are proved responsible should be punished IAC relevant UCMJ articles. Nothing more, nothing less.

Until the poop snoopers finish reading trail signs and possibly make their findings public I'll hold off on the lynchings.

I didn't mean it. We can not be sure what the heck they were doin , but that was not what I mean.

Back