Air Force ATG

Damien435

While doing research about the development of the B-1b Lancer, specifically Congressional opposition to the program based on high unit cost and a short window for use I came across several references to an aircraft called ATG. I don't know what it stands for and it appears to be a program that died at the starting gate. Does anyone know anything about this program?

While doing research about the development of the B-1b Lancer, specifically Congressional opposition to the program based on high unit cost and a short window for use I came across several references to an aircraft called ATG. I don't know what it stands for and it appears to be a program that died at the starting gate. Does anyone know anything about this program?

I have no idea, I'll try to get over to the wing and ask some of the plane jockies if they know or have at least heard of it.

57th Adversary Tactics Group ??

or perhaps the aerospace defense contractor from Colorado...

To every taste there is a niche, or so it seems in today’s high-velocity world. Few better examples of our niche-rich world exist than the high-velocity Javelin Mk10 from Aviation Technology Group (ATG) in Englewood, Colorado. A scorcher of a Very Light Jet (VLJ), the ATG Javelin pretty much owns its own niche – at least, for now.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm an idiot, I went through the same information again tonight and I realised that the acronym was not ATG but it was ATB, the program under which the B-2 Spirit was developed. Advanced Technology Bomber, I'm dumb. But thanks for jumping in to help guys.

57th Adversary Tactics Group ??

or perhaps the aerospace defense contractor from Colorado...

57th would have been too young.

ATG is also pretty new, I think they came around in the 90s?

Wow, I'm an idiot, I went through the same information again tonight and I realised that the acronym was not ATG but it was ATB, the program under which the B-2 Spirit was developed. Advanced Technology Bomber, I'm dumb. But thanks for jumping in to help guys.

Oh sure, you say that now after I made some jocks buy me a few beers while I picked their brains about "ATG". :mrgreen:

Back