Air Force/ Army - Page 2

--

December 31st, 2004  
Hal

I was in the Army from 8-97 to 8-02. I have been in the Air Force from 9-02 to present. As far as which one is superior, it depends on what the individual wants to get out of the military. If you want to be in the "military" I would suggest the Army. If you want to wear the uniform and get all the perks and benefits of being in the military but be almost like a civilian, then the Air Force is the one you want.
September 26th, 2005  
youngCAPcadet

I am going to be 17 in a couple of years, and I am planning on joining the ANG, Since I can go to college during that time, I wanted to do AFROTC, then when my time in the guard was up, I wanted to go active duty Air Force. Can I do that?
September 27th, 2005  
FULLMETALJACKET

I am currently in my 2nd year of AFJROTC and you said that in the Marines you wont get your rank? e-2, PFC, so if you didnt have that ROTC you would be a plain old june bug private?
--
October 9th, 2005  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET
I am currently in my 2nd year of AFJROTC and you said that in the Marines you wont get your rank? e-2, PFC, so if you didnt have that ROTC you would be a plain old june bug private?
There are several ways to make PFC on graduation of boot. But you will not get Lcpl. Not for 4 years of JROTC.
October 16th, 2005  
uncle charlie

Being in the Army, I'm going to say definately, join the Army. I'm not big into slogans, but for the most part, we DO do more before 09:30 than most people do all day. At least we do in my unit. If you go army, go infantry. Sure, some people say that you don't get any " Life Skills" joining the infantry, but when the SH@! hits the fan, who goes to work? There are 211 jobs in the army, and 210 of them support the Infantry. NO OFFENSE TO ANY PERSONNEL IN OTHER SERVICES OR BRANCHES OF THE ARMY INTENDED!! I've worked with some TAC/P's in Iraq, and they're a great bunch of guys. As far as you Artillery guys are concerned, thanks. You guys are lifesavers. HIGH ANGLE HELL!
October 22nd, 2005  
bigcanada813

Ok, I've gotten varying answers to this question, so I'm going to post it here. I'm in AROTC and I'm not going to get my US citizenship by graduation. I've heard that with three years of AROTC and a four year college degree, you jump straight to Segt. right out of boot. Is this true, or false?
October 23rd, 2005  
PershingOfLSU

Don't think that just because you join the Air Force you'll be home everyday at 4:00. Until I was 14 I rarely saw my dad except on some weekends. Pretty much my entire time in elementary school he left for work at 6:30 AM and got back at 8:30 PM after I was in bed. Also, because of his career field he was very often TDY.

Secondly, if you have a degree why enlist? Seriously now, commission.

Thirdly, did you mean Army JROTC? You cannot go through four years of Army ROTC as a non-citizen, you are required to contract before that point and cannot contract until you gain citizenship.
October 23rd, 2005  
bigcanada813

I'm only going to be going through three years of AROTC. I'm not a US citizen and won't be able to apply for the citizenship test for another three years. I'm in college right now and have another two years left. That's why I would enlist and then do OCS. My question is, will the degree and ROTC experience get me a higher enlisted rank after boot?