Air Assault School (Army)

SeanVree

So, I'm going to Air Assault school at the of May at Fort Campbell, KY.
I want to know some helpful tips and tricks.
In addition, I have some specific questions:

1) Boots, what is authorized? Jungle, Basic Issue, Jump, what?

2) Are contacts authorized for wear?

3) How are Cadets treated?

Thanks

Ft. Campbell has the answers to these questions on their site.

As for 3) it's a joke. AAsslt (Dope on a Rope) is the easiest school the Army has to offer. Enjoy it.

RnderSafe said:
As for 3) it's a joke. AAsslt (Dope on a Rope) is the easiest school the Army has to offer. Enjoy it.
Intresting, not quite what I heard, but OK.

Are jungle boots authorized?

SeanVree said:
Intresting, not quite what I heard, but OK.

:lol: I bet I can guess where the "it's hard, dude" comments come from. The only thing "difficult" about it is passing the overly **** inspections.

As far as jungles, they didn't allow it years ago. Who knows now, check the site like I mentioned. They'll tell you what to bring, bring only what's allowed.

1) I dont recall but stick with the cruit boots, jumps, or any other leathers.

2) you can get away with contacts but make sure they wont fail you at anytime. Like coming out, etc.

3) Cadets are treated as just that...students. Rank has no bearing to the staff of the school (except general officers who get the gentlemans course) It wont be easy

Airborne would be the easier of the two. If you can run, you can be airborne ;)

Post edited, I hope the others will be also.

Well there are a bit better ways to express yourself than this, soldierz, including making use of the Private Messaging system (let alone your choice of words). Tact is always appreciated.
There are correct ways to do things and incorrect ways, and your post pretty clearly falls under the incorrect side.

RnderSafe, I hope you will act like a moderator from now on and not some snob like your previous posts in this thread. If you wish to ban me for this go right ahead, it'd be better than watching moderaters from a forum I used to respect (and I've been here a very short time) who are given a leadership position and then dashing someones hopes just because they have a piss poor attitude toward a particular army school. Its not "the easiest school in the army" as you have disrespectfully put it. Its a school that takes brains not just physical fitness. Yes Im aggrivated over your comments and am ready for banning if this is how you undertake a leadership role.

:lol: I'm sorry to inform you, but not only am I a moderator on this site, I am also a member of this forum as well as an active member of the military that is entitled to his opinions. It doesn't seem as if anyone's hopes were crushed but yours. If you disagree with me as to the easiness of Dope On A Rope school, go ahead, but keep the drama out of it - you're supposed to be a professional soldier, not some 14 year old that got his wee feelings hurt.

Your overreaction in anticipation to my reaction seems very dramatic and childish. If AAsslt is your only claim to fame in the military, sorry to hear that. I suggest you grow up, and cut the dramatics, neither myself, nor anyone here really has time for it.

Oh, and have a good day! :D

Back