air assault - battalion aid station/SOP

medic

Hello,

I am looking for an SOP on medical care (the procedures, not the actual treatment) within an infantry battalion (preferably an air assault unit). Who can help? Links? Thanks in advance.
Response by email is welcome: postzak@gmail.com

You're gonna have to be a bit more specific than that. What unit? The SOP for a medic assigned to a company? The Med Detachment SOP on deployment? Narrow it down there are a ton of SOP's about a ton of different subjects and vary from unit to unit.

The medical system of an infantry battalion - air assault.
Normally it has an BAS (Battalion Aid Station) ans some transport vehicles for wunded men.
I am mainly interested in MOUT, but also in other types of operations.

As the US goes, medical treatment is controlled by the Brigade now. If you did not know, the US Army has changed so that a brigade can operate pretty much without too much support from higher.

I do not think procedures have changed too much. In a perfect world, there is one medic per a platoon. I have yet to see that. It is the job of the company to set up an aid station where at least one medic is present. If someone gets wounded, he or she is first seen by a combat life saver. That person has a bit of training in stopping bleeding and IV. I have been one a few times. As a CLS, you will assist the medic if needed. Then the wounded soldier is evaced by any means to the company collection point. The medic there evaluates the casuality. It is the job of the company to evac soldiers by any means to the Battalion aid station. The medical officers there will evaluate, treat and pass the causality on...you kind of get the point.

As for mount, you are not going to see an FLA with bullets flying around.

Back