Aide to Sen. Jim Webb Found Dead

AikiRooster

Tube Monkey USMC
An aide to Sen. Jim Webb was found dead from a gunshot wound Tuesday morning, the Virginia Democrat's office confirmed to FOX News on Wednesday.
Frederick Wayne Hutchins Jr., 26, ran Webb's Roanoke office.
According to media reports, local police had not made a ruling on the cause of his death and were awaiting the results of an autopsy.
The Richmond Times Dispatch reported that Hutchins' body was found near his vehicle, which was parked on an embankment along a highway a few miles north of Roanoke, which is in southwestern Virginia.
He was found with a single gunshot wound to the head, and a handgun beneath his body, according to the paper.
"I am terribly saddened by the tragic and sudden death of Fred Hutchins, who diligently managed our Roanoke Senate office," Webb said in a statement issued late Tuesday.
"Freddie was one of the most honorable and friendly individuals I have had the pleasure of knowing. He was a mainstay in the Roanoke community and a friend to all who knew him. My condolences go out to his mother, Karen, and the rest of his family and friends. He will be greatly missed," Webb said.
A spokeswoman for the senator said that Hutchins had been a rising star obsessed with politics.
"It's just the saddest thing. He was such a great kid, so full of life, so sweet and so so well loved," the spokeswoman said.
A state lawmaker for whom Hutchins worked told a local TV station he first met the political operative at a very young age.
"At 13-years-old, Fred had political cards, and it said Fred W. Hutchins Jr., Political Consultant ... at 13," said Del. Onzlee Ware, according to WDBJ7.com. "So then he announced to me that one day he knew I was going to run for public office and when that day came he was going to be my campaign manager."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,394364,00.html

Single gunshot to the head, gun found in his hand...not exactly difficult to figure this one out.

Well, an investigation still has to be conducted, just because you want to dismiss it doesn't mean jack. Des he have residue on him? Their is a ton of stuff to be looked at before claiming what happened. For example, No residue = no suicide (generally).

Last edited:
The gun could've been planted to make it look like a suicide. Maybe it was even fired once in his dead hand to produce residue.

If it was a suicide, this just shows what being serious about politics for so long does to people.

Well, an investigation still has to be conducted, just because you want to dismiss it doesn't mean jack. Des he have residue on him? Their is a ton of stuff to be looked at before claiming what happened. For example, No residue = no suicide (generally).

Boy jumping to conspiracies rather fast..but sometimes its as simple as it looks.

..or maybe Hillary bumped him off.

Boy jumping to conspiracies rather fast..but sometimes its as simple as it looks.

Is this before or after he was gang probed by aliens for his part in the Kennedy assassination?

Personally I invoke Occam's Razor principles on this one.

Yup... Hitlery did it!

Let's just the investigation be carried out. It could have been suicide. It could have been murder that was covered up. It could have been a freak accident of a duck farting and doing a line of coke at the same time while he was scratching his head while holding a firearm at the same time.

More then likely it was suicide but that way we as police officers investigate all deaths before we write it off.

Back