Ahmed Jabari Dead: a start of a war?

Cartman

Ahmed Jabari Dead: a start of a war? (updating)

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/14/top-hamas-commander-reportedly-killed-in-israeli-airstrike/

hamas said:

Code:
[RIGHT]ממשלת חמאס בעזה פרסמה הודעת אבל על  חיסולו של אחמד ג'עברי והטילה על ישראל את האחריות המלאה על "הפשע הזה",  כהגדרתה. מהארגון נמסר: "ההתנקשות בחיי ג'עברי מהווה החרפה של ההסלמה  הציונית ברצועת עזה ופותחת דלת בפני שלב חדש של עימותים". הפלגים  הפלסטיניים ברצועת עזה איימו "לשרוף את הערים הישראליות" בתגובה על החיסול.   

דובר הזרוע הצבאית של הג'יהאד האיסלאמי, אבו אחמד, אמר כי על האויב לשאת באחריות המלאה: "אין יותר קווים אדומים בתגובה שלנו". [/RIGHT]
its in hebrew, you are welcome to google translate it but it says that hamas responded by treathen to "burn israeli cities".

udate: reserves has been called, israel shuts down gaza power.

update: rain of rockets over Beer Sheva

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=T3ZNWsrcJuY#!

Last edited:
Just watching the footage on the news.

Hamas says that it "opens the gates of hell".

Israeli's talking about launching a ground invasion in to Gaza.

It's not going to end well....

There are no winners in a military conflict. Only losers. But Hamas will lose more than Israel.

I wonder why Hamas wants a confrontation? Is it because Fatah wants recognition as a Palestian state in the UN, something Hamas fiercely opposes? Are they affraid that if Palestine becomes a state that the ICC gets juridiction in Gaza, which they don't have now, and Israel can complain about the rocket attacks on civilian areas?

There are no winners in a military conflict. Only losers. But Hamas will lose more than Israel.

i know many people that are going to be on the front... i know many people who have been on the front in previous wars... it never ends well...

It never seems to end at all. :(

Indeed. I think I used the wrong words, let me rephrase it.

I don't believe this will blow over and go away. I think it could be the start of something much greater.

I wonder why Hamas wants a confrontation?

At a guess, they want retaliation for the death of their military leader? Israel started it off today remember...

Indeed. I think I used the wrong words, let me rephrase it.

I don't believe this will blow over and go away. I think it could be the start of something much greater.

At a guess, they want retaliation for the death of their military leader? Israel started it off today remember...

no we didnt start it today. a few days ago an IDF jeep was shot with a AT missile. luckily the missile went through the jeep and the 4 soldiers were not killed, but injured. thats the beginning of this story. after that incident israel responded, and the terrorists responded with another rockets attack and that led us to this point.

no we didnt start it today. a few days ago an IDF jeep was shot with a AT missile. luckily the missile went through the jeep and the 4 soldiers were not killed, but injured. thats the beginning of this story. after that incident israel responded, and the terrorists responded with another rockets attack and that led us to this point.

My apologies. I wasn't up to speed with events. That part of the story wasn't mentioned on the news report I watched.

Every conflict, big or small, between the Arabs and Israelis goes like this.

They attack Israel , Israel retaliates, they cry foul to the whole world.

Every conflict, big or small, between the Arabs and Israelis goes like this.

They attack Israel , Israel retaliates, they cry foul to the whole world.

and the whole world is listening to them... everyone probably showed how israel attacks civilians in gaza but doesnt know about the 3 israeli civilians who got killed and the young girl who got seriously injured...

doesnt know about the 3 israeli civilians who got killed and the young girl who got seriously injured...

I do as do others in the UK.

We were shown the flat where the top floor was taken out by a missle from Gaza, killing 2 women and a man. There was a BBC reporter stood opposite it.

thats the everyday life in sderot and other cities... after the attack on Tel aviv the war will probably start... lets hope the situation will change after that

Experience tells us war changes nothing!

Where do you reside? Tel Aviv?

Back