AHH I cannot stand this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never quite understood the problem with burnign the flag. "Oh, God, no! They're disposing the flag in the proper Patriotic way! Those bastards!"

Burning the flag is a symbol of hatred towards the very principals and notions that your country stands for.

Im not saying they are trying to disrespect the uniform, im just saying that apart from being illegal, how can that same "Proud" Ex-Marine father allow him to wear it as acostume?

SHERMAN said:
Burning the flag is a symbol of hatred towards the very principals and notions that your country stands for.

true, but not when its being disposed of when its old and tattered

It is not illegal for immature teens to dress up in military garb, you can do what you want as long as you do not impersonate a member of the Armed Services.

Calm down or you won't recieve any pie or beer at the harvest festival.

Time said:
It is not illegal for immature teens to dress up in military garb, you can do what you want as long as you do not impersonate a member of the Armed Services.

It is illegal to wear the actual uniform as a costume and thats it

drilldownmaster2004 said:
Time said:

It is illegal to wear the actual uniform as a costume and thats it

Will you find me that law? Really seriously, if you are going to be that hell bent, its good to see a quoted law with a link.

I'm not saying that you are wrong, just saying that I'm interested to see proof.

I don't have a problem with people wearing it. I don't see it as a disgrace to the uniform, I see it as a symbol of pride and respect. Now, you go 4-wheelin or paintballin in that same uniform, thats a different story. But it's Halloween, the whole Idea is to dress up as something that you aren't, and you don't have to be ashamed of it. I've dressed up as Dorothy before, but I sure as heck didn't go up in a tornado and walk the Yellowbrick Road (Altho that does sound kinda fun, but tiring), and I'm not meaning to sound like I"m poking fun, I'm just backing up my point.

YMMV.

Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to see.

10 USC said:
Section 771 said:
Except as otherwise provided by law, no person except a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, as the case may be, may wear -

(1) the uniform, or a distinctive part of the uniform, of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps; or

(2) a uniform any part of which is similar to a distinctive part of the uniform of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps

Section 772 said:
a) A member of the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard may wear the uniform prescribed for the Army National Guard or the Air National Guard, as the case may be.

(b) A member of the Naval Militia may wear the uniform prescribed for the Naval Militia.

(c) A retired officer of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title and wear the uniform of his retired grade.

(d) A person who is discharged honorably or under honorable conditions from the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may wear his uniform while going from the place of discharge to his home, within three months after his discharge.

(e) A person not on active duty who served honorably in time of war in the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps may bear the title, and, when authorized by regulations prescribed by the President, wear the uniform, of the highest grade held by him during that war.

(f) While portraying a member of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, an actor in a theatrical or motion-picture production may wear the uniform of that armed force if the portrayal does not tend to discredit that armed force.

(g) An officer or resident of a veterans' home administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs may wear such uniform as the Secretary of the military department concerned may prescribe.

(h) While attending a course of military instruction conducted by the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps, a civilian may wear the uniform prescribed by that armed force if the wear of such uniform is specifically authorized under regulations prescribed by the Secretary of the military department concerned.

(i) Under such regulations as the Secretary of the Air Force may prescribe, a citizen of a foreign country who graduates from an Air Force school may wear the appropriate aviation badges of the Air Force.

(j) A person in any of the following categories may wear the uniform prescribed for that category:

(1) Members of the Boy Scouts of America.

(2) Members of any other organization designated by the Secretary of a military department

The article goes on to ponder whether Halloween is considered a theatrical production or not.

Very good article Drilldown.

Thanks.
Actually i did not have a specific law at first
I was told it is illegal to wear it on our weekly meeting in CAP
they told us it is illegal to wear the uniform (guess they just don't want cadets to show the wrong image)

well then holloween is a theatrical production, because why would they sell the unifroms in surplus stores to begin with.

get off your Removed by Moderator high horse already, those kids ain't any better
than you.

For Mods excuse my language.

Mod Edit: It's excused but was removed anyway. Watch it for next time

Ahhh, come on time, no need to get uppity. If youve got trouble contoling your fingers from writing things in a way that is dissaproved, get a thesourus and look up synonyms for that word.

Users are not to act as moderators unless they are. If you are offended by somthing, send me or another mod a PM.
Sherman.

I wore my BDUs on Thursday (we had Friday off), which was our costume day, but so did the rest of my unit, we had PT after school. It wasn't a costume. And, guys, come on. If none of them actually said "I am this rank in this service, and this is my uniform", leave them alone. Costume! Not real! Halloween! GET OVER IT! :roll:

I tend to agree with c/LtCdr on the matter.Its not really impersenation unless you acctually claim to be a member of the Military.

c/LtCdr said:
I wore my BDUs on Thursday (we had Friday off), which was our costume day, but so did the rest of my unit, we had PT after school. It wasn't a costume. And, guys, come on. If none of them actually said "I am this rank in this service, and this is my uniform", leave them alone. Costume! Not real! Halloween! GET OVER IT! :roll:

The article does say that JROTC, CAP, Sea Cadets and all those groups can wear the uniform. Its not the point that they wore the uniform, the fact is that it is disrespectful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back