Ahaha Hillary Clinton getting wasted with John Mccain.

Rabs

Oh this is too good to be true.

Maybe she was looking to get some revenge on Bill ;-)

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3.htm

HILLARY CLINTON, MCCAIN HELD VODKA-DRINKING CONTEST
Fri Jul 28 2006 19:19:50 ET

On a congressional trip to Estonia, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton astonished her traveling companions by suggesting the group do what one does in the Baltics: hold a vodka-drinking contest!

Delighted, the leader of the overseas delegation, Sen. John McCain, quickly agreed, the NEW YORK TIMES is planning to report on Saturday.

The after-dinner game went so well -- memories are a bit hazy on who drank how much. McCain later told people how unexpectedly fun he found Hillary to be.

TIMES reporter Anne Kornblut has filed a story on the curious relationship between Hillary and John McCain, newsrooms sources tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

"One of the guys," is the way McCain describes her.

NYT TIMES editors plan a front page placement of Kornblut's report.

Clinton and McCain have developed an amiable relationship.

They worked together, both on the Senate Armed Services Committee and on the issue of global warming. But as the 2008 presidential campaign begins to take shape, with McCain and Clinton at the top of the polls for their parties' nominations, they are increasingly doing things that underscore their differences.

"But the interplay between the two senators -- both celebrities, both self-styled centrists, both with compelling personal narratives and a knack for infuriating their own parties' bases -- remains intriguing as they navigate the early phase of a presidential race with an eye toward conceivably running against one another."

Developing.

Yeah, NYTimes was carrying this story too, personally I like stories like this it shows them to be real people, rather than others who preach morality and then sneak off for drunken, gambling, womanizing binges when the cameras shut off.

Quote:
"But the interplay between the two senators -- both celebrities, both self-styled centrists, both with compelling personal narratives and a knack for infuriating their own parties' bases -- remains intriguing as they navigate the early phase of a presidential race with an eye toward conceivably running against one another."

Developing.

Or as Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates.

Missileer said:
Quote:

Developing.

Or as Presidential and Vice Presidential candidates.

Yeah well, assuming they both get the nomination (and frankly I dont think either of them will) and can expect the nicities to stop. Politics is a bloodsport.

McCain will get the GOP nod if, for no other reason, to not put Rudy on the ticket. McCain has his conservative "street cred" in order for a presidential run. I have problems with his overt camera mugging and his maddening play to the middle, but he has bona fide conservative creds when it comes to defense and small government.

Neither will, Hillary is too unpopular outside of the Democratic beltway. Al Gore is more popular than Hillary. McCain while having certain Conservative creditials is too much of a maverick to be controlled by the far right wing, same goes for Rudy. Also his brown-nosing of Bush last election put many moderates off their lunch.

It will be outsiders on both sides.

Hitlery Clintoon is a big time divider and I hope she runs for president becuz it will take aways Dems chances to take back White House in 08

Demrats must stay away from WH for another 20 yrs until Republicans can fix the course of the country

phoenix80 said:
Hitlery Clintoon is a big time divider and I hope she runs for president becuz it will take aways Dems chances to take back White House in 08

Demrats must stay away from WH for another 20 yrs until Republicans can fix the course of the country

THank you very much, the Democommies are one of the major issues with the USA right now. As long as we keep them away from the House, Senate, and White House. America should get better.

5.56X45mm said:
THank you very much, the Democommies are one of the major issues with the USA right now. As long as we keep them away from the House, Senate, and White House. America should get better.

Second that, no no wait THIRD that ;-)

5.56X45mm said:
5.56, what is it with you and Phoenix? Why is it necessary for you to demonize the word "Democrat"?

Phoenix still hasn't learned his lesson ... 'Demrats' is just a shortened version of the put-down that got you in trouble the last time and 5.56 your usage of the word 'Democommies' is as bad as Phoenix's phopah.

I for one resent the demonization of our political party names.

How bout just sticking to Republican(s), Democrat(s) (or) Independent(s) as a name and label for our political parties?

Wow.... here is much ado about nothing. What is actually the big deal when two opposite party members have a vodka or five? They haven't broken any law and they will bump into eachother on other events as well. Better to have some shared experience, this makes talking to one another easier...
And for that bit of keeping the republicans in the White House for another 8 years.... Well, you'd better start printing some extra money because that will surely be the end of your economy as you know it!

Ted said:
Wow.... here is much ado about nothing. What is actually the big deal when two opposite party members have a vodka or five? They haven't broken any law and they will bump into eachother on other events as well. Better to have some shared experience, this makes talking to one another easier...
And for that bit of keeping the republicans in the White House for another 8 years.... Well, you'd better start printing some extra money because that will surely be the end of your economy as you know it!

Kind of like learning that Superman has to pee like everyone else. It is just something you never hear about.

Not necessarily a new rule but...Anyway, I dont think anything is wrong. Its just like President George Bush's word fobs. They are no big deal. In fact, it gives them a bit of a connection to the 'common folk.'

phoenix80 said:
So what happens to freedom of speech? Any one is entitled to call the parties they like/dislike the way they please.

I think this new rule is really pathetic :box:

Free speech. . . . common courtesy, respecting others views, using intelligent argument to make your point instead of resorting to name calling, hmmm. . . . hell let's toss them all out the door and call it free speech!

On topic: I still think that people in general put those in public view more up on a pedestal and expect them to act like saints. Then when they fall or slip a little everyone seems shocked.

phoenix80 said:
So what happens to freedom of speech? Any one is entitled to call the parties they like/dislike the way they please.

I think this new rule is really pathetic :box:
This is not a new rule at all, it's been there all the time...
Insulting and disrespecting other members and their views/opinions isn't freedom of speech, at least it wont be accepted as so in here anyway.

This is my final comment on this matter, and I suggest that you accept that.
This goes for you as well 5.56X45mm

Back