Ah, the irony...

Sadist Dream

Four western peace activists - two Canadians, an American, and a Briton - from Christian Peacemaker Teams have been taken hostage in Iraq by a group calling itself the Swords of Righteousness Brigade.

The CPT says it's "angry" at the kidnappings - but not at the Swords of Righteousness Brigade: "We are angry because what has happened to our teammates is the result of the actions of the U.S. and U.K. governments due to the illegal attack on Iraq and the continuing occupation and oppression of its people."

There is something very satisfying in knowing that these people are being held at gunpoint by the same people that they were trying to aid and comfort... You know, the enemy, the same people that "we have to understand and be sensitive towards."

I know one is American, but their actions provide the enemy comfort, and under those circumstances that is an American that I will not defend... Just as they do not defend our soldiers. I'm sure seeing their colleagues freshly lopped off head roll by as the people they were trying to aid and comfort chant, "Allah Akbar" as they get their rocks off might make them think twice about the position they held so dearly, but it will be too late then, won't it? But, then again they are over in Iraq as peace activists, acting just as peace activists do. They are blaming the Coalition forces and the U.S. over the war, and they are voicing it load and clear. They are in a war zone, literally on the battlefield with, no, against their own countrymen, stirring up trouble for them while comforting the enemy. It's ****ing ridiculous. Now they have been kidnapped and those they tried to comfort are now aiming guns at their heads.

They are already blaming President Bush and Prime Minister Blair. What they don't realize is those, and those like them, who kidnapped them are the ones making the war. If it weren't for them and their ilk, we'd already have our boys home.

Anyway, so here's a sure way of testing their dumbass "we have to understand them and be sensitive towards them" philsophy... We'll see what happens. Good luck, appeaser dipshits.

Oh, before I go, I read somewhere that this same group had an Adopt-a-Detainee idea! You gotta be kidding me! Again, do you think they'll have learned anything from this little experience or will they just find some other enemies of the U.S. and the Coalition to get in bed with? Maybe if, and that's a big if, they are released they can all be pen pals with their new friends?

ha ha, nice.

You give up your sympathy as an American when you actively engage in anti-American activities.

Let's see what happens to them.

Sadist Dream said:
They are already blaming President Bush and Prime Minister Blair. What they don't realize is those, and those like them, who kidnapped them are the ones making the war. If it weren't for them and their ilk, we'd already have our boys home.

Alright, please explain to me how peace activists are responsible for this ordeal not being finished? In what way have they interfered with coalition forces from carrying out their missions? In what way have they directly aided or encouraged the insurgency? You may not like their position but I find your claim that they are responsible for the insurgency not being extinguished yet the height of ignorance.

bulldogg said:
Alright, please explain to me how peace activists are responsible for this ordeal not being finished?

These groups sow discomfort at home in America and uneasiness in our purpose. Doing this depletes national moralle and encourages the enemy to fight for just one more month... one more year...

Last edited:
bulldogg said:
Alright, please explain to me how peace activists are responsible for this ordeal not being finished? In what way have they interfered with coalition forces from carrying out their missions? In what way have they directly aided or encouraged the insurgency? You may not like their position but I find your claim that they are responsible for the insurgency not being extinguished yet the height of ignorance.
I wasn't referring to the peace activists, but their kidnappers and those like them, ie. the actual insurgency, terrorists, foreign fighters, and criminals. Please read the part in question again, as it was obviously not clear enough for you to understand.

The rest is obvious regarding how they aid and comfort the enemy, and really is self-explainatory.

Oh, and my "hate mongering" isn't about a differing opinion, it's much more than that. If you cannot see that you are blind. I tolerate those I disagree with under normal circumstances, but I do not and simply will not tolerate those Americans who willfully take actions, word or deed, during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military - they are saboteurs who should be arrested, exiled, or hanged.

Abraham Lincoln said something similar to that once.

Last edited:
Sado, I have read it and re-read it. Your usage of pronouns is abhorrent.

English writing 101
Pronouns refer to the last noun used. When wanting to switch the reference point for a pronoun you MUST use the new subject in its proper name before using a pronoun in subsequent sentences. Failure to do so results in the pronoun continuing to refer to last known referenced noun.

That's a freebie.

WD, you are most definitely attempting to draw a mighty long bow.

bulldogg said:
Sado, I have read it and re-read it. Your usage of pronouns is abhorrent.

English writing 101
Pronouns refer to the last noun used. When wanting to switch the reference point for a pronoun you MUST use the new subject in its proper name before using a pronoun in subsequent sentences. Failure to do so results in the pronoun continuing to refer to last known referenced noun.

That's a freebie.

Well, you best me there, though I was still correct in stating that it was not clear enough for you to understand though, wasn't I? :mrgreen:

Aye, you were correct but owing to your writing style bruv.

As for people protesting the war deserving to be hung? Interesting sense of the rights of Americans under the Constitution and The Bill of Rights you have there.
:read:

I wouldn't say I am blind but rather at twice your age and as a veteran I have a slightly different take on life than you. To me the use of expletives in your post speaks of a rabid hate you have for a difference in opinion.

I will offer that when I was 18 I spoke in similar terms about Russians and homosexuals. But that was back when I was young and still knew everything.
:drunkb:

bulldogg said:

You can argue about the degree of effectiveness of these groups but the consequences of their actions I don't think are even debateable.

Just because you're a misguided idiot doesn't absolve you of your sins.... and now we have karma comming into play.

No it does not but to say that American peace activists have any influence on an insurgent's decision to fight on is specious reasoning and I would have to say that I respectfully but completely disagree with your logic. I honestly believe that those insurgents in Iraq would be fighting just as hard if there was complete support for this war inside CONUS. They don't give a rat's arse one way or another what the American public thinks one way or another. The interviews that have been made public support this opinion and I believe that this administration would parade anyone who was a captured terrorist or insurgent who would agree with your opinion in an effort to silence and shame those who are vocally disagreeing with this war.

Dude, it was al-Zarquawi himself who recently said something to the effect of "over 50% of this war is being fought in the media"

He knows his target isn't the people he blows up. It's public opinion in America because that's how America has been traditionally defeated.

So if you're actively trying to influence people against the war then you are indeed helping the enemy. Notice they arn't trying to persuade the insurgents to give up and come out with white flags... they're trying to pursuade Americans to pull their troops out.

Just a remark: WD, is it okay for you when people have a mind of their own. Sounds to me the you disallow people to be against a war. I don't know what these folks try to do overthere and I reckon it wasn't very smart, regarding their current predicament. But you make it sound that anybody who is opposed to that war, can get their head cut off and you don't give a tuppence.... Imo that is kinda scary.

You do realize that when you sent soldiers into somebody elses house, that some might actually not like that? Well hell, some of them might even shoot back! And here comes my rethoric question: If the US wouldn't have sent in the military, there wouldn't be a war in Iraq. Sure there would have been a dictator, but not a war.....

Whispering Death said:
Dude, it was al-Zarquawi himself who recently said something to the effect of "over 50% of this war is being fought in the media"

He knows his target isn't the people he blows up. It's public opinion in America because that's how America has been traditionally defeated.

So if you're actively trying to influence people against the war then you are indeed helping the enemy. Notice they arn't trying to persuade the insurgents to give up and come out with white flags... they're trying to pursuade Americans to pull their troops out.

I agree with this totally

Anyways the irony of this hostage situation is beyond funny. The term "poetic justice" comes to mind.

Ted said:
Just a remark: WD, is it okay for you when people have a mind of their own. Sounds to me the you disallow people to be against a war. I don't know what these folks try to do overthere and I reckon it wasn't very smart, regarding their current predicament. But you make it sound that anybody who is opposed to that war, can get their head cut off and you don't give a tuppence.... Imo that is kinda scary.

I never said that at all. What I said was if you're in Iraq actively working against American forces and an insurgent group kidnapps you, don't come asking me for help or sympathy.

Here we go again!

:type: Let's examine what we are really talking about.

When a civilian is captured and threatened, Al Jazeera parades film clips of them and their captors over the airwaves and allows these terrorists to capitilize on the worldwide dissemination of their brand of "justice??".

When it is someone who is trying to help Iraqis realize a better life, many of us get very very upset when they are beheaded and call for the blood of thoses who committed these murders.

YET - when someone who believes that this war is an unjust war and is captured and the terrorists do the same thing to these captives, we say they got just what they deserve.

I am sorry but I believe this was a war that should never have been started. That does not mean that I don't support our soldiers on the ground - it just means that I blame the administration for placing us in the position where we either support this blasted quagmire we call the "War in Iraq" or we are labeled as anti-American. Understand, I will never be caught (alive or dead) walking a picket line with these peacenick whackos.

Yes, some of these people do damage on the home front via some of their actions, but, do you really believe they deserve to be treated in this manner as though they were animals that can be slaughtered with no more thought than you would give a gnat that was buzzing around your head that you swatted? I do not believe a war veteren would ever wish to see non-combatants slaughtered at the hands of an enemy no matter the reason.

:type: Call these blasted peace activists by whatever adjective you wish (I do), but don't give aid to our enemies by saying these people deserve what happens to them at the hands of the very same people we say are uncivilized terrorists.

Most of the people who have been kidnapped and killed have been aid workers or some group trying to help the Iraqi people who are suffering. I'm sure they knew the risks involved when they entered a battle zone but I don't think they, or most of them, were intending to make a statement against the war. I wish it wasn't true but the animals who murder these people and show it on tape know the effect it has on the world. These are easy, soft targets for them and because they are non combatants, most civilized people can't help but feel a deeper grief for them than a soldier. It's propaganda by terror and it works.

Back