AH-64D Apache

--

January 22nd, 2005  
FO Seaman

Topic: AH-64D Apache

The Apache has been and still is the worlds most feared chopper.
The RAH-66 would have be a step and leap over our enemies.
http://globalsecurity.org/military/s...raft/ah-64.htm
The Cobra in my opinion was the king of its time.
January 22nd, 2005  
Whispering Death

I think the roll of attack choppers has been overplayed by military theoritians. First off let me say that the death of the Comanche was the smartest move the Army budget office has made so far this century. It was a severly outdated and extravagantly expensive design that in effect served no purpose on the modern battlefield.

On the roll of the helicopter. In Iraqi Freedom a detatchment of 40 helos where sent out to take out a force of tanks. Few if any enemy tanks where destroyed at the loss of 2 helos shot down and the rest of the helocopter detachment was so badly damanged the entire squadron was deemed unfit for combat for 6-9 months. Constituting the biggest defeat delt to American forces in the war.
January 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Ever seen Korean terrain? The attack helicopter was made for that sort of stuff. What better way to move firepower that can engage enemy ground forces with better precision than a fixed wing aircraft?
You look at that sort of terrain where ground forces will have hell to pay to travel through and then you think of an Apache.
--
January 22nd, 2005  
Chinaman

any flak gun in site and the apache is in shreds
January 22nd, 2005  
rocco

depending on how u use them and how you arm them, they can be deadly effective.
January 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

Any gun in sight and the infantryman is in shreds.
Any SAM in sight and any plane is in shreds.
Any artillery piece and a lot of things are in shreds.
A TOW and a tank is in shreds.

What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman
any flak gun in site and the apache is in shreds
January 22nd, 2005  
Snauhi

I belive that MI-28 is better then AH
January 22nd, 2005  
A Can of Man

And you base this on what?
The AH-64 is backed by some of the most sophisticated electronics in the world. It's well armored and can target without exposing its whole body from behind a hill. The D Version anyways. It's armed with the Hellfire missile which is one of the world's best air to ground missiles. And all these systems have been battle proven.
January 22nd, 2005  
SHERMAN

I dont understand what is the toppic.
January 22nd, 2005  
EagleZtrike

Why did they cancel that Comanche chopper again?
Also don't the Russians have a helo that rivals the apache. They showed it on 10 deadliest attack helicopters or something on discovery.