--

January 23rd, 2005  
Snauhi

info for MI-28 http://www.army-technology.com/projects/mi28/

And AH-64 http://www.army-technology.com/projects/apache/
January 24th, 2005  
Chinaman

i wasnt going for exactly a 100% real example

it shows that without tanks, ur airships are dead because of the AA guns and SAMs
January 24th, 2005  
A Can of Man

Right, because helicopters like the Apache have absolutely no way of countering AAA and SAM right? Because when they built the thing the guys who designed it were completely oblivious to the fact that these two things might exist. (sarcasm)
--
January 24th, 2005  
FO Seaman

What you Snauhi fail to see is that the Apache is not made to attack other choppers, it states in the Attack Helo Ops Manual that you don't attack another chopper for the sake of attacking it. Its made to attack enemy emplacements and convoys, ect....

Also the Apache AH-64D has voice command system, 23mm of armor and the blades are madde of DU armor that can stop 30mm shells and can take a beating and keep on blowing the hell out of most armor, the 30mm M203 Chaingun and HellFire kick some butt.
January 25th, 2005  
Chinaman

relace the 30mm chain gun and add the 30mm GAU cannon from the A 10

now thats what i call attack helicopter
January 25th, 2005  
rOk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaman
relace the 30mm chain gun and add the 30mm GAU cannon from the A 10

now thats what i call attack helicopter
Do you know what you've just said? I mean technically.
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

That A-10's GAUs are too powerful for helicopters. That stuff. You know the A-10 seriously starts to bleed speed when it fires that thing? Not to mention, you can forget about trying to put it on a swivel mount!
January 25th, 2005  
Whispering Death

Yeah, pilots talk about how the whole plane shakes and some talk about how they thought they where going to stall the first time they shot it. The recoil on that thing is rediculous... Is it right that I drool over that cannon more than I do over my playboys?
January 25th, 2005  
A Can of Man

No dude, it's not right. Seek help immediately
January 25th, 2005  
Trevor

If I'm correct, the fire-and-forget Helfires were developed for the AH-66. i think it would have been smart to keep the comanche program running.