AGENT 86 is dead

Padre

Milforum Chaplain
For all those who were on the side of CONTROL and were against the evil KAOS, it is sadly announced that Agent 86 (Maxwell Smart/Don Adams) has died at the age of 82. RIP

"GET SMART" was a TV show on American television in the 1960's. It was a comedy about an agency called "Control" which was a little bit like the FBI or CIA and its enemy was "Kaos" who were a bit like the KGB. Don Adams acted as Maxwell Smart who was "Agent 86." His side-kick was a female agent called "Agent 99." Smart was sort of a buffoon - a dumb version of James Bond 007. He was always getting into trouble but somehow getting out of it - a bit like Peter Sellers as Inspector Clouseau (Pink Panther). One of Smart's famous gadgets was a telephone in his shoe. When I was a kid I saw the re-runs on Australian television and enjoyed it. It didn't have a huge cult following like Star Trek.

Oh I see, well I guess I'm too young to know that. Although we had the re-runs of some pretty old series like Happy Days, Riptide, the Jeffersons and others. Oh and also some Australian ones, like Flipper the dolphin and Skippy the kangaroo. I enjoyed all that.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT SHOW WAS THE BEST!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

they called it GET SMART in america,and that show did kick but.

I know, all of you that looked in my profile, i'm only 15, but i love those old shows, Get Smart, Hogans Heroes, all those good olde shows form my parents generation.

I LOVE THE BEATLES TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rambo:

Padre said:
"GET SMART" was a TV show on Yanky television i

Whats up with calling it yankee? Can't you just say american? I doesn't bother me its just, I would like to know why people call stuff thats american, yankee?

I stand corrected my American friend. be assured that in Australia "Yankee" is a term of affection, however if it is not in the USA then I'll respectfully use "American" from now on.

:salute2:

Would you believe Padre, the term Yankee can be offensive to some folk in the US. In the south one of the worst things you can be called is a "damn yankee" and in fact I never heard the term yankee used without some expletive in front of it. :lol:

bulldogg said:
Would you believe Padre, the term Yankee can be offensive to some folk in the US. In the south one of the worst things you can be called is a "damn yankee" and in fact I never heard the term yankee used without some expletive in front of it. :lol:

Bulldogg, Ive got relatives in New York, Boston, Springfield Missouri, and Florida. They call us Aussies, Crocodile Dundee's, Roos, and we call them Yankies all in jest, but they've never let on it was a political no no, but I guess they're not from the South. :cowb:

What about that sweet house of his, that had all the hidden home defense stuff. I CALL DIBS ON THE HOUSE!!!!!

:rambo:

All his stuff will probably go on Ebay pretty soon. "Would you believe in our lifetimes."(Spoken in 86' s voice.)

Back