AGENT 86 is dead

this happened to me on a plane ride to Boston, MA (my first one alone)
I was sitting next to a texan, you could tell he was born, raised, and will probably die there...cowboy boots, tight jeans, belt buckle, cowboy hat, the whole set up. So he says "well, I guess I'm gonna have to stop from reffering to y'all as yankees" so i said "well, to tell you the truth, in Boston we hate yankees too" (talking about the baseball team) I thought it was funny...just thought I'd share...*goes back to corner*

FutureDevilDog said:
It doesn't bother me if you call us yankees or whatever, I just wanted to know why you did.

Actually, it's pronounced "yoinks" and I think it's sort of like Brits, Aussies, and so on. Actually, I like it. I was called much worse right here at home in the 60 s.

I'm from New York, but from around Niagara Falls. Only the people from Brooklyn say dirdy dird street. Or Bruklin.

:rambo:

hoohaa310 said:
I'm from New York, but from around Niagara Falls. Only the people from Brooklyn say dirdy dird street. Or Bruklin :rambo:

Don't forget that they "pike" their "ci" by the "coib."

Okay, a guy passes out on the sidewalk in Brooklyn. A native watches for a minute over his newspaper to see if the guy gets up. The Brooklynite walks over and immediately renders artificial respiration, Brooklyn style. He places his foot on the guy's chest and pushes down a couple of times, then looks down and says, "ay, buddy ya better freakin' breathe or youah gonna freakin' die." :)

Padre said:
I also like the way Bostonians say "park the car:"

"Parrrrrk the carrrrr" :)

Or put an "er" at the end of a word ending in "a" (Cuber).

Drawing="Draring" (Norm Abrams)

I love how the cab drivers almost all have muslim names, not that there's anything wrong with that, and that they all drive like idiots/maniacs/women

( ;) gonna get some backlash on that last one :shock: )

:rambo:

Padre said:
I stand corrected my American friend. be assured that in Australia "Yankee" is a term of affection, however if it is not in the USA then I'll respectfully use "American" from now on.

:salute2:

I can back you up on that, Padre. When I took my R&R from VietNam in the beautiful city of Sydney, I was referred to as a Yank or Yankee, and it was in affectionate terms, I can tell you. The Austrailian people are one of the most helpful and friendliest I have ever encountered.

BTW, the only exception I would make is what ROTC_BOY said in reference to the "dreaded New York Yankees", especially around this time of year, now that the Red Sox have clinched a playoff spot.
:twisted:

Back