At that age :(

wolfen

I went to the eye doctor today for my annual eye exam, I was hooked to some weird machine, got air blown in my eye, both eyes are STILL dilated, and a real bright light shined in both eyes to the point I still see spots,
I'm still slightly nearsighted, but apparently I'm "at that age" for bifocals :(

I double dog dare my oldest to smile at me and say better me than him one more time

I went to the eye doctor today for my annual eye exam, I was hooked to some weird machine, got air blown in my eye, both eyes are STILL dilated, and a real bright light shined in both eyes to the point I still see spots,
I'm still slightly nearsighted, but apparently I'm "at that age" for bifocals :(

I double dog dare my oldest to smile at me and say better me than him one more time

Have you considered laser surgery?
I know people who were very short sighted who have had it done in their 50s.

Sorry to hear that, wolfen. If it makes you feel any better I'm dang near blind. :)

well if they said i am as old as my wife thinks i act.... that would be around 13

Thirteen? Really? I was thinking closer to like.........6........

:mrgreen: :angel:

And before you say it, I know I act about 2. :mrgreen:

Old age? I wrote this poem last Feb 07. I thought it might just be relevant on this thread.

METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING

Metaphorically speaking it’s a terrible bind
To be losing your marbles
On the fringe of your mind
When your arms get too short for reaching your socks
And for focusing script of newspapers and clocks

Metaphorically speaking it’s a hell of a blow
When your search for the word
That you know that you know
Is lost in the labyrinth canyons that roll
Through the honeycomb left on your computer scroll

Rusty rockets, sagging springs, busted flush.
Take it easy ; what’s the rush?
But don’t slow down for heaven’s sake.
You can cut it – piece of cake.
It’s the legs, you know, loathe to obey.
Pedal- pushers gone away.

Pick a penny off the floor
I can do that trick no more.
A boon I crave when timing’s right
May I just switch out the light?
Do Not Disturb hung on the door
When I can’t cut it anymore.

BTW Wolfen - do you know that your sight lengthens as you get older. When I was sixteen I failed the eyesight test for Navigation Officer with Blue Star Line, for slight short-sightedness, and had to go sea instead as a boy. When I was 65 the optician told me that I would now pass that particular test becouse of the age induced lengthening which means you have to hold reading material further and further away, until your arms are not long enough. Then - reading glasses! Damn & Blast!

Last edited:
Have you considered laser surgery?
I know people who were very short sighted who have had it done in their 50s.

I just got over a really bad case of windows vista, you thing I'm letting a computer near my eyes?

Sorry to hear that, wolfen. If it makes you feel any better I'm dang near blind. :)

Thirteen? Really? I was thinking closer to like.........6........

:mrgreen: :angel:

And before you say it, I know I act about 2. :mrgreen:

Yea but you look good :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I do too.
I though about it and have come to a decision. I'm only as old as I want to be, therefore I shall continue to live my life and not worry, epically since I know people in their 20's with bifocals. I'm not getting old, I just have screwed up eyes. Hence why in the Navy I worked on Aircraft, and not a seal :)

Old age? I wrote this poem last Feb 07. I thought it might just be relevant on this thread.

METAPHORICALLY SPEAKING

Metaphorically speaking it’s a terrible bind
To be losing your marbles
On the fringe of your mind
When your arms get too short for reaching your socks
And for focusing script of newspapers and clocks

Metaphorically speaking it’s a hell of a blow
When your search for the word
That you know that you know
Is lost in the labyrinth canyons that roll
Through the honeycomb left on your computer scroll

Rusty rockets, sagging springs, busted flush.
Take it easy ; what’s the rush?
But don’t slow down for heaven’s sake.
You can cut it – piece of cake.
It’s the legs, you know, loathe to obey.
Pedal- pushers gone away.

Pick a penny off the floor
I can do that trick no more.
A boon I crave when timing’s right
May I just switch out the light?
Do Not Disturb hung on the door
When I can’t cut it anymore.

BTW Wolfen - do you know that your sight lengthens as you get older. When I was sixteen I failed the eyesight test for Navigation Officer with Blue Star Line, for slight short-sightedness, and had to go sea instead as a boy. When I was 65 the optician told me that I would now pass that particular test becouse of the age induced lengthening which means you have to hold reading material further and further away, until your arms are not long enough. Then - reading glasses! Damn & Blast!

Gotta hate it when those arms shrink huh? :)

I just got over a really bad case of windows vista, you thing I'm letting a computer near my eyes?

I wouldn't worry about Vista and your eyes, if the laser procedure is approved by the FDA chances are that the computer will be powered by DoS 3.1.

:)

Gotta hate it when those arms shrink huh? :)

I used to see old people in shops holding something well out in front to read it. Always seemed daft to me. Now I know why! And the worst is when you have difficulty getting your socks on! Especially for a sportsman! Ah well, no problem. We have two 92year-olds here in England (amongst others of course). One ballet dances in the ladies classes, the other still plays rugby and is still the first, scrubbed up in tie and blazer, leading the way in pints at the bar!

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about Vista and your eyes, if the laser procedure is approved by the FDA chances are that the computer will be powered by DoS 3.1.

:)

Any yet there will still be somebody shooting a high power start trek weapon in my eyes. LOL

Back