AG-3 7.62mm

MaKa9

Hi!

Just wondering if anyone has had the chance to try the AG-3 standard issue Norwegian rifle?

If so, what was your first impression?

By the way:
Anyone here been to the NATO excercise in Norway(winter)?

-Plain interested.:salute2:

I would be more than willing to fire said weapon and report back my opinions were you to send me one. :) I would assume you already have fired it, yes? What's your take on the rifle?

I´ll see what I can do.. cut it into pieces and send it in seperate packages:p

I´ve used the weapon for over a year before switching to MP5 and Glock p-80, but I sure miss that rifle. It was sick!!
I believe Redleg has a post about the weapon to.

Really powerful with great range and accurate without scope for about 4-500 meters. pluss the 7.62mm bullets:):):) god I love it!

*lost

http://www.hkpro.com/hk79.htm

I really miss the G3-F1 :love: , it is a very reliable weapon and won't let you down when needed the most. I haven't experienced any serious malfunctions except the odd clicks by badly recruit loaded magazines. The working parts froze once at Winter Express'96 or Adventure Express'97, cannot remember exactly, but that was my very own fault...

The F1 version is a better option than the regular issued (with full stock) when it comes to being part of a mech inf unit (climbing in and out of SISUs and CV90s is tiresome with the stock blocking your way all the time), but on static defence positions and precision shooting the full stock version is my choice...

Last edited:
Pretty much the same, except the barrel is slightly shorter on the G3 than the FN-FAL.

I`m loving it

It`s an powerfull weapon. but i have litele experience with sharp shootin on this wepon. i have mostly experience with contact drill`s and thats funn you really fell the kick from the gun:m16shoot:

I'm thinking of getting myself a CETME rifle. If Spain and another 90 natons can use the design. I guess I can too.

5.56X45mm said:
I'm thinking of getting myself a CETME rifle. If Spain and another 90 natons can use the design. I guess I can too.
I hope thats not instead of the Sig556 youre talking about as I'm looking forwards to hearing what the 556 is like.

sven hassell said:
I hope thats not instead of the Sig556 youre talking about as I'm looking forwards to hearing what the 556 is like.

I want so many firearms. I will get a Sig Sauer 556 Carbine at some point in time. I just need $1,500.00 first. A Spanish Military Surplus CETME is around $300.00.

So, I'm going to get myself a CETME first than save up for the Sig 556. I already have my two M4 Carbines. So another 5.56X45mm carbine is not needed for work. But a 7.62X51mm Battle Rifle would be a fun toy to have.

AG-3 (G3) is NATOs best standard-infantry "one shoot, one kill" weapon.

Disagree?? Convice me otherwise! :cheers:

I would have to say NATO's best standard Infantry weapon is the Human Mind.

Everything else is just a tool.

Back