AFV recognition

dougal

Im donig the course at the moment and enjoying it very much, easy one to start off, what is it?

m1.jpg

t-80u(1).jpg

This is the second one a bit harder.

Marder(3).jpg

And the thrid one, see ye next friday, hope there not to easy

Cadet Seaman said:
T-80 and Marduer II.

That's Marder. Are you sure about the II part?

Hehe, nice one about the Zolfaqar ;)
The first one is one of them Soviet Troop Crawlers...BTR-60 or 80.

The second one looks like it could either be a Gepard armored AA vehicle, designed in Germany, or the Soviet Tunguska equivalent. I'm putting my money on the latter since I find it more likely that countries with deserts use Tunguskas than Gepards.

Last edited:
Dougal, the only problem is that if you try to quote your article, them the name of the .jpg is shown. Kinda makes it easy if you can read the answers as you are writing them.

Dean.

Ah well if ya want to cheat, doesnt seem to be to many people that know the answers or any at all. BTR 80, 2S6.

t64.jpg

tn_fv432b.jpg

T55-largewebphoto7.gif

Merkava%20caido%20en%20picada%20(web).jpeg

Merkava%20caido%20en%20picada2.jpg

Without cheating....
1. T-64 (I think)
2. M-113 in Vietnam. (does location count?) OOPS! Not Vietnam after all. Wrong trees.
3. T-54/55
4 and 5. What the &^%* did you do to my Merkava? ( I love those shots, but can you imagine the reaction of the TC after that one???)
Well, now we know that the anti-tank ditch works.
Dean.

Last edited:
I could well be wrong on number 2, as there were a bazillion M-113 variants made all over the damned place. As for number one, it is a Soviet era tank, with a 125mm main gun, and a hell of a lot of space between the road wheels and the upper chassis. Sorry, but that is a T-64 or a very close T-64 variant.

Dean.

Dean said:
I could well be wrong on number 2, as there were a bazillion M-113 variants made all over the damned place. As for number one, it is a Soviet era tank, with a 125mm main gun, and a hell of a lot of space between the road wheels and the upper chassis. Sorry, but that is a T-64 or a very close T-64 variant.

Dean.

No thats no M113.

dougal said:
No.1 and 2 are wrong, Is there anyone else capable of answering?

Well when you give a pick of the back of a vehicle, while it's partly submerged it's kind of had to find any distnguishing marks.

Back