After Palin's Speech... the reaction on Hillary Clinton Forum

Did McCain sell out or "sell out" so that he could get the top job... only one way to really find out: if he really becomes the President.
Will Obama make a great President and heal a lot of wounded friendships or does he really hate America as much as some people claim he or his close friends to? Only way to find out is if he's elected President.

Don't be a clot Del Boy your selective editing fools no one.

I have made very clear that I would vote for her only on her personality.

I have stated quite clearly that I have neither the knowledge nor the faith to vote for a US politician based purely on "personality" perhaps unlike yourself.

I understand where you are coming from now and have no wish to pick fault, but this little confrontation arose not from selective editing to fool anyone, I am not attempting to impress anyone, but from your own complete and unequivocal statement :-

" I would vote for her". (One whole sentence.)

It was not so clear at that point. I am going to leave this matter at this point because I have to no wish to be pedantic, but please try not to blame me for what you yourself have posted. I am not point-scoring. OK? Hopefully we can get back to topic now.

Last edited:
You must have seen a different broadcast in England, the one shown here was just the same old political pap as one expects from a politician. But as I said I think she's pretty down to earth as a person. I'd vote for her.
Of course the preceding sentence is of no consequence? It is indeed selective evidence, or else you have a far worse understanding of the English language than I imagined.

Using your interpretation , I could say that you agreed with my statement about "just the same old political pap"

Because you said, and I quote,..
I agree with you
Ain't it marvellous what selective editing can be made to do. But of course I seem to have a far better understanding of the language than yourself.

Last edited:
BHO has just fallen to an old trap he is running against the other sides VP allowing John McCain to be above debate between Sarah Palin and Oboma. If McCain can run circles around Oboma wait and see what Putin does to him.

Nothing personal- I agree with you - except for the below qualification :-

I saw it - I heard it - All of it. The girl dun good, very very good. The ticket looks very sound indeed. A proven hero and a home-spun in your face mover and shaker. Luvly-jubbly.

It's already history, and I feel honoured to have watched it live. God Bless America.

Hello - memo to my friend Seno :-

Not the same at all young man, as the quote establishes. My sentence clearly shows a qualification, in bold at that!

Yours was a complete and seperate sentence.
That old ploy don't fit the occasion. Sorry.

As for understanding of language, don't even go there.:smile: Now, please can we let it go, I am quite sure we understand each other.

Last edited:
Well, did you ever stop to think that my last sentence was qualified by the preceding one. Was it not? Ohhh no, sorry you can't see it.

None is so blind as he who does not wish to see.

NO I'll never understand you or your peculiar form of "logic", that I think is why we end up at loggerheads so much.

You are quite obviously either baiting, (most likely) or have a very limited understanding of English comprehension.

The story still remains. Sarah Palin's speach was not anything unexpected, after all she's only a politician, what else could one expect?

Well, did you ever stop to think that my last sentence was qualified by the preceding one. Was it not? Ohhh no, sorry you can't see it.

I have tried to be kind, as a friend, but seeing as you just won't let it go here we go.

You claimed that you did not say make that statement. That is simply untrue, as I have shown.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote =senojekips; 451480]

None is so blind as he who does not wish to see.[/quote]

Absolutely right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO I'll never understand you or your peculiar form of "logic", that I think is why we end up at loggerheads so much.

See the above responses.

You are quite obviously either baiting, (most likely) or have a very limited understanding of English comprehension.

Your judgement, once again, is atrocious - on both points and also on the topic.

The story still remains. Sarah Palin's speach was not anything unexpected, after all she's only a politician, what else could one expect?

See the above answer. Please can I stop now ?

Last edited:
BHO has just fallen to an old trap he is running against the other sides VP allowing John McCain to be above debate between Sarah Palin and Oboma. If McCain can run circles around Oboma wait and see what Putin does to him.
But he can't. McCain can't run, much less circles around anyone.

What, we've decided to concede that it was selective (creative) editing on your behalf. See, I can use it too. You do agree with my statement - no you are arguing the reverse.
Nothing personal- I agree with you - except for the below qualification :-

I saw it - I heard it - All of it. The girl dun good, very very good. The ticket looks very sound indeed. etc.....

See,... selective editing is a two edged sword.

No of course you haven't conceded, well, you have but you haven't. Or is it just that you can't make up your mind?

You haven't got that quote quite right TOG.

Fact is -' He does run and he don't hide'.

Thanks for the prompt.:wink:

Lets see how McCain goes on talking about his economic policies.

We will get more of an idea about Palin when she is not reading off an auto-cue. I'm sure they will keep her in cotton wool for as long as possible.

What, we've decided to concede that it was selective (creative) editing on your behalf. See, I can use it too. You do agree with my statement - no you are arguing the reverse.

See,... selective editing is a two edged sword.

No of course you haven't conceded, well, you have but you haven't. Or is it just that you can't make up your mind?

So much for your self-acclaimed comprehension of the English Language.

You can concede what you want, but don't speak for me. You said you would vote for her, quite categorically; then you tried to deny it. No selection or creativity from me on that one.

On the other hand, what you stick up as an example of my statement is a different matter altogether. I said clearly what I meant to say, even with emphasis.

Nuff said. We can afford to let it lie.

** Errol - re the last post, from you. Yes - I'll buy that.

Last edited:
I don't suppose you see a certain irony in you trying to tell me "not to speak for you" in a debate started because you did exactly that to me??? C'mon DB it's only early in your day and quite late in mine. Another cup of strong coffee perhaps.

Seno, before my coffee, I see no point in banging my head on the corner of the table for no good purpose. Whad'ya want?

Same as you friend, hot and strong.:-D

Now, kindly look away Seno, this is not a prod! This is an up-date on topic for all those other searchers after truth:)

'Palin effect' helps McCain surge ahead of Obama in the race for the White House

By Mail Foreign Service

John McCain jumped ahead of rival Democrat Barack Obama - benefiting last week's rousing speech by his vice presidential pick Sarah Palin to the Republican convention.
He moved ahead of Obama 50 per cent to 46 per cent, suggesting at the very least that McCain has wiped out the seven-point lead Obama received following the Democratic convention a week earlier.
Also yesterday, McCain's aides said Palin would sit for a television interview.
Last night, pundits and pollsters put the come-back down to ‘the Palin effect’. They claimed the Republican vice-presidential candidate’s punchy convention speech deserved much of the credit.

Zogby survey has the McCain/Palin ticket holding a 49.7% to 45.9% lead, and saying ‘Clearly, Palin is helping the McCain ticket. She has high favourability numbers, and has unified the Republican Party.' The daily Gallup poll goes from Obama’s 8 point lead to too close to call. A senior political strategist said:- 'The choice of Sarah Palin may well turn out to be a master-stroke for McCain. She has given the party the energy it lacked last week.’

Her right wing views are said to have reached Republicans who were luke-warm about Mr McCain’s more moderate conservatism

Last edited:
Righto Del Boy, All I can say is, "The gullibility of the common voter never ceases to amaze me"

They all quote as gospel, that which is written in favour of their candidate of choice, and howl down that of their opponent or anything negative about their own choice. There is no one subject in the world that blinkers people's peoples views and makes them make idiots of themselves, like politics.

In this case Palin is a political unknown having come out of the blue from relative obscurity, yet all these political hacks are raving about her. Yeah she paints a pretty picture, we can all do that, especially if we have never been subjected to large scale public scrutiny. Hell, even I could promise you all that crap but delivering it might well be another question. At the moment it's just "pie in the sky politics" in an effort to get a seat on the gravy train.

Give her 4 years and maybe we will have some knowledge to base all this hot air upon.

I suppose my other point is that, here you are living in a country where you are intensely dissatisfied with your own government yet you waste your time worrying about a political race in which you will play no part and for the larger part it will not do a single thing to change your own circumstances, also you don't appear to have learnt anything about politicians per se from your own local experience.

On this subject, to me you seem "away with the fairies, too wound up in your own little world, to look at what is actually going on outside of the spotlight.

This is why I tug your shirt tails from time to time.

I am not your enemy, nor do I have any dislike of you, in fact, rather perversely, somewhat the reverse. Perhaps it is because of this that I feel I can say the things I do to you.

Yes Seno, I'll buy that. But I have to tell you that while I despair of the plight of my country politically, I can't rage forever, and have to stay optimistic than it cannot remain unchallenged ; I have to accept that I am long past affecting matters. I do get involved at election times. In the Ist post war election here I was a small boy ,interested, standing outside the Red Lion ex-pub, which was now the HQ of the Liberal candidate in Bethnal Green. The candidate was Major Paul Wright, one of Monty's WW11 staff officers. They came out and asked me who I was gonna vote for. I said proudly that my dad was Labour. They said that Labour hadn't succeeded for 30 years, did I know what a Liberal was. So that was it, they adopted me onto their staff, folding envelopes, writing poems of ridicule etc. So I served in my first election. We lost, Labour's Dan Chater won, but I was a Liberal from then on.

In fact I have always been interested in the international scene, and if I just say British Embassy maybe that will suffice to explain something of that and my USA interest particularly. And of course I was strong on History, served abroad, travelled abroad on business, and evenually settled as an International Antiques Dealer, strong in Italian, USA, Holland and Australian markets amongst others.

This is a field where you have to keep one eye on the political scenes and make decisions.

My stance on has been to warn others countries of the stealth with which much of these situations develop, and the roles of the political regimes, much, in fact, as you yourself do.

So, firstly I am very interested in the current election; I admire the long struggle of the process, I am always happy to accept the verdict of the American people, and view the President as the most powerful person on earth. Historically USA presidents are of great interest to me. So I do not have a partisan interest, just calling it as I see the current situations. This particular election I see as very exciting, whatever the outcome, and I can only offer the benefit of my experience, limited as it is.

Secondly, of course these matters are now politically important ones that affect me and my country, this is now a small world, and we are close allies.(At the last count).

So there you have it - my take on the scene. What you see on my posts is what you get; up front, no ulterior motives, no-one to impress, just being pleased to have a small part in the march of history. How could I let it pass without a mention? So when I say things like 'history' and 'honoured', it is not calculated, just an expression of my pleasure at being here, and being able to discuss it here on this forum. Internationally , amongst the involved, the warriors, the 'men in the bars ', Old Uncle Tom Cobbly and all. Not forgetting yourself as ever.

It is impossible to live a life without becoming a philosopher. Cheers.

Edit : PS. I ain't gullible, even if I am common.

Last edited:
Back