After the Military....

JameSS

I was just wondering if any of you have jobs lined up after serving the military. I understand that you can attend colleges on base while you are serving for free. Have anyone of you done this and recieved a degree. I was just wondering because I will be joining very soon and I have 2 years of college under my belt. It is more of a off and on sort of thing. I have the impression that hopefully I can go to school while in the military and get hands on training.....that way when I get out I should have a job lined up for me???? What do you all think on this???

You can go into the reserves and go to college while in the reserves, and then go Active after that. As far as i know that not uncommon now a days. A freind and I after getting out of the Corps (not saying we are in the Corps yet) are hoping to get a medical degree.

After I'm done in the Regular Force, I'll have a couple of years left to serve in the CIC (Cadet Instructors Cadre). I'll probably hang around with them until my full retirement. After that, I'm going to go flying every day...I hope.

probably help out with some ROTC battalion for a couple years...then move out to the mountains where I can hunt, fish, and camp any time I want 8)

There should be plenty of opportunities for you to get some college while you are in, some of it will pend upon your command. you would need to run it by them and let them know you are intersted and that is what you plan to do.

I spent two years at the University of Arkansas before I enlisted. Needless to say, I didn’t accomplish anything. However, I’m not going to sit here and lie. I never tried! I’ve been active duty for five years now. I’ve received an Associates in Police Science from the CCAF, and a BA in Criminal Justice from OU. Guess what? I didn’t pay a dime for either. I have one year left on my enlistment. When I get out, it’s a shoe in for the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.

Back