An African and South American Superpower?

Will we see a Superpower rise from these lands?

• Yes, both Africa and South America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Africa Yes, South America No

• South America Yes, Africa No

• Not gonna happen for either one.

• Where's Africa? South America ... is that Florida?

• Total voters

godofthunder9010

Okay, I was just thinking on something. There is only three continents on this planet who have never produced a power with Worldwide "Superpower" type status. Europe has had several, North America has the USA, Asia's had several and anyone can see that Australia and Antartica are kindof not very likely candidates. (Australia because its just not populated enough.)

But South America and Africa ... both continents have the population and the resources to make it happen. What would it take before we see an African "Superpower"? What about South Amercia? Is it possible or no?

Brazil is possible, but extremly difficult.

Africa, even Egypt is too small to have a potential to be superpower.

Consider where the United States started from. Pretty tiny. Anything is possible. Likely, it would take a combination of nations to make it happen. As far as Brazil goes, everyone has been watching for them to become a major power for a long time. They have all the right ingredients of course.

Brazil have the population and national resources to be a superpower if they manage to sort there economy out, in africa you could say South Africa is already a superpower for some of the countries there as they would not have an economy without south africa, but with the HIV crisis there and rampant crime then south africa has a long way to go.

Brazil maybe.
Outside... very outside chance for South Africa though I think their ability to be a super power is declining as time goes on.

I was just thinking both Brazil and South Africa... actually, for a while Cuba fitted this category in a way, they fought South Africa in Angola... but with soviet transportation.

South Africa is perhaps the best choice in Africa, I can imagine it getting pissed off enough to send a coalition force to central asia or northern africa if they were ever attacked in a future war similar to september 11. South Africa has the institutional experiance already since it's mercenary forces have had success in places like Angola and Sierra Leone

Brazil is a mess right now, it's barely a republican administration, the bussinesses are in charge. Any deployment would be like Cops in LA.

the economy is good but crime is very high, the high population means a low gdp per person so a lot live in poverty, being militaristic is not always a good thing as it takes finances away from those who need it, but brazil is the only country that could be a superpower in south america.

The way that South and Latin America nations are run is the biggest problem for them. If there were to be someone to completely destroy and remake the whole system ... well, everything else is already in place. Population and natural resources. Under the current system, there is too much wasted potential. 10% of the population owns 90% of the land. Kinda ruins it for everyone and makes moving up in the world pretty tough.

10% of the population owns 90% of the land. Kinda ruins it for everyone and makes moving up in the world pretty tough.

See what I mean about Cops in LA, way to much social stress, especially if Brazil uses regular army instead of special forces in it's force projection.

Back