African Soldiers

I think I haven't read so many assumptions and stereoptypes in one threat guys!
Who gives a hoot what color clothing they wear or about scotstape on his ak. Since they are "fighting" mostly unarmed civilians, who cares about tactics or camouflage. I reckon this is Liberia or Sierra Leone where kid-soldiers fight to obtain their drugs. Their sister are probably sent to "training camps" where they serve as entertainment. It's either that or a gruesome death.
What do they fight for? How the largest raw diamond territory in the world. That is how they get their money and guns. Recently there has been new rules for international diamond trade against these "blood-diamonds". But money is money. For this "soldiers" well it will be a rotten life. Or you die fighting some other group or you succumb to the drugs or, maybe even worse, you sober up and realise what scourge you have been to your country.

The Lord of War, with Nicolas Cage touches this subject quite realisticly. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it!

Dang, I haven't thinking about "Lord of War". It is good show. I'm not going dealing with the African guys for guns. haha.

Here's something I would like you all to consider.

It was "troops" just like those pictures by Le in the very first post who caused all the trouble in Somalia.

Not so funny now is it?

There is no police, or working government, no food, no fresh water, bloodshed. How does that sound? If you get into an arguement with a fellow militia man its a good possibility that you would get shot by that person, with no punishment what so ever. Sounds fun?

These are from Liberia-The Original 51'st State.

030801_liberian-fighter.jpg

blackdiamond.jpg

T058952a.jpg

0714647853.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

ChildSol.gif

Back