African Soldiers

I have read reports on the children soldiers in Africa and I was shocked to learn what they do to their counterparts. Things like cutting off their noses or hands while they are alive and aware. As they grow up these kids have absorbed all this cruelty, lost their innocence and become evil men. Thousands of innocents are their victims after they have been victims themselves. Beautiful Africa truly is the black hole of the world today.

Last edited:
I found this website, http://www.child-soldiers.org/ , a web page covering the usage of child soldiers in a very good way. Their link collection is very good and points to many international web sites and resources for further read and knowledge gather on the subject of child soldiers.

I found this quote on that web which really moved me:

"Early on when my brothers and I were captured, the LRA [Lord's Resistance Army] explained to us that all five brothers couldn´t serve in the LRA because we would not perform well. So they tied up my two younger brothers and invited us to watch. Then they beat them with sticks until two of them died. They told us it would give us strength to fight. My youngest brother was nine years old." Former child soldier, aged 13.

Nigerian UN Soldiers

[
199204-1.jpg

rotc boy said:
whats with the white thing above the guys boot 2nd from left?

that is a part of his uniform, a piece of hard canwas wrapped around their lower leg for protection - used if you were shoes or low boots.

rotc boy said:
so is he more important than the other three guys, or just had more money

I don't know if that makes him more important or richer than the others :bored: , but at least he is military police and that "white thing" is a part of his uniform...

Back