Afghan recount ordered because of fraud charges (AP)

News Manager

Milforums News Bot
AP - A U.N.-backed commission found "convincing evidence" of fraud Tuesday in Afghanistan's presidential election and ordered a recount of suspect ballots in at least three provinces, a process that could take months.

More...

Definitely sad for the people if crooks are truly in power...but got to wonder since the last guy has asked for help. Don't you think? :???:

The massive fraud which now seems to be quite obvious will desligitimate the new governemtn, and, in the process, the ISAF effort (as we are there to support the government).

This is a serious threat to both the strategy as well as to the individual soldiers as it undermines the missions legitimation.

Here a Spanish cartoon from today that say it all, the Caption, translated "I am a bit confused. Are we here to protect democracy, or the election fraud?"

1252488014_extras_portada_0.jpg

Rattler

Last edited:
I must be quite naive .. :-? I thought the recount would help the Afghani's get *democracy*. I don't think the shady politics should change the fact there are terrorists threatening the rest of the World because we have and they don't.

Back