(AF) Tuiton Assistance

rosuto_ai

Does any one know anything about the Air Force Tuition Assistance program? Does it cover your entire tuition? do you have to be in college ROTC to use it if you want to join after college? I plan to be in the Air Force :visor: :avi: but I need some more info , even tho I'm a freshman I'd like to make the decision now and be able to change in the future if nessary, it gives me more time for more info. and yes, I know I can't join until I am 17/18, everyone keeps buggin me :9mm:about that :bang:. Any info is greatly appriciated, thanx!
brandi :rock: :rockin: :bored:
aka
peacemaker
:peace:
i love da smileys!

The AF TA program covers tuition while you're active duty 100%. But like always there's a catch. You can't exceed $250 for your semester credit hour, or $166 per Quarter Credit Hour, or $4500 for the Fiscal Year. That's about the same across the board, I think only the Navy is a little different.

There's also a $9000 cap for technical certifications. So you want to become a HVAC tech, that costs $7500, you can use your TA to cover it, but once you use it, regardless if you use the entire 9k, it's gone.

Depending on what you're doing, how you're doing it and where you're doing it through, that's pretty large chunk and you can easily go to school for free on it. Everybody should use it and save their GI Bill for later.

:)

ok, so it only covers $4000? What if I want to go to a college with, like, a $13000 tution, am I *crap* outta luck? Cuz i might go to college outta state ( Michigan possibly) . thanx for the info tho, :) peace.
-brandi :firedevi: :rockin: :rock:

rosuto_ai said:
ok, so it only covers $4000? What if I want to go to a college with, like, a $13000 tution, am I *crap* outta luck? Cuz i might go to college outta state ( Michigan possibly) . thanx for the info tho, :) peace.
-brandi

Chill out with the smilies, guy, going just a little overboard there.

You won't be going to college in Michigan because you won't be stationed in Michigan and unless you find a college there that lets you take online courses, it won't be a big deal.

Notice that the 100% tuition is for those on active duty. You might be confusing the GI Bill with TA.

thanx

"girl" , i like smileys, but ya, i talked to one of those Air Force peoples on airforce.com, he said the same. i think i figured out what i might do tho, i guess i'll probly join the air force, save up some cash, and go from there. if worse comes to worse, I can always do the Pel Grant after the AF. thank u very much for the info tho! peace.
-brandi

rosuto_ai said:
"girl" , i like smileys, but ya, i talked to one of those Air Force peoples on airforce.com, he said the same. i think i figured out what i might do tho, i guess i'll probly join the air force, save up some cash, and go from there. if worse comes to worse, I can always do the Pel Grant after the AF. thank u very much for the info tho! peace.
-brandi

Saving money is always good, so make sure you do that regardless.

But you won't have to worry about college. Take courses while you're in, depending on your AFSC (job) and TDYs/Deployments, you may be able to get your undergraduate degree before you're out. Either way, when you're out you still have the GI Bill. Plus, you can always go Air National Guard and take advantage of state benefits for college. You CAN go to college for free on the government's dime in the military, you just have to be willing to do the work.

the only problem is will i have enough time to do that? i need to see if i can find time to volunteer at the zoo too (im gonna be an animal keeper or zoologist) hey, ur on now, cool. what exactly is the GI bill? I dont have much info on that. I have heard of the Air National Guard from a 'family' friend. just curious, but what is the saying under the messages, 'Ut aliqui vivant' ? peace

oh ya, n trust me, im wiling to work, report card today - almost all A's, 1 point away! (stupid spainish) but i managed a 96 average ( 97 in JROTC, I made an 80 on the test , otherwise i would've made a 100)

rosuto_ai said:
the only problem is will i have enough time to do that? i need to see if i can find time to volunteer at the zoo too (im gonna be an animal keeper or zoologist) hey, ur on now, cool. what exactly is the GI bill? I dont have much info on that. I have heard of the Air National Guard from a 'family' friend.

You should be able to, you may have to take online courses and use your days off for studying instead of partying, but it is very possible.

Finding time to volunteer at a zoo might be iffy, but that is always something you can do after you get out.

Here's some info on the GI Bill.

just curious, but what is the saying under the messages, 'Ut aliqui vivant' ? peace

It means "that others may live."

Back