Adware, Spyware and Scumware warning!

Some of the commercial anti virus/ malware packages are worse than the viruses themselves in my opinion.

My friend swears that only commercial ones are reliable. Norton and another package he installed on his brother's computer have virtually rendered them so slow and unwieldy they were practically unusable. Of course he had to install Vista as a OS and it seems to spend all the time downloading updates, he rarely actually uses his computer for anything useful. Talk about watching paint dry! Personally I use free AVG, Malwarebytes and crapcleaner. All relatively fast, compatible with one another and simple (with XP) at least.

I got rid of Spyware Doctor and replaced it with SUPERAntispyware Professional. It works just fine. Spyware Doctor was telling me that aa.com, website for American Airlines, was spyware.

Some of the commercial anti virus/ malware packages are worse than the viruses themselves in my opinion.

My friend swears that only commercial ones are reliable. Norton and another package he installed on his brother's computer have virtually rendered them so slow and unwieldy they were practically unusable. Of course he had to install Vista as a OS and it seems to spend all the time downloading updates, he rarely actually uses his computer for anything useful. Talk about watching paint dry! Personally I use free AVG, Malwarebytes and crapcleaner. All relatively fast, compatible with one another and simple (with XP) at least.

Yeah well I am convinced that Nortons method of operation is to take up so much of your systems resources that there is no room for a virus to run.

I stick by Bitdefender, Ccleaner and Spybot.

As for me,for protect my mac i prefer use ProteMac NetMine.It’s firewall for Mac.It’s tool protects against viruses.It's helps me a lot.

Yeah well I am convinced that Nortons method of operation is to take up so much of your systems resources that there is no room for a virus to run.

I stick by Bitdefender, Ccleaner and Spybot.

LMAO. Can't believe I read this a year after its post...

Back