Adware, Spyware and Scumware warning!

I refuse to help as long as you keep using that British spelling "programme". Tolk two you lita.

P.S. Want iPod? Get it now! :jump:

Last edited:
Coming from an Italian who went to work for a FRENCH company I would expect a little more understanding. :) Hehehehe. Live that one down.
:)

My comp is still being assaulted and now Firefox has gone tits up on me too. Crashes as soon as the interface appears. I even used Swordfish's online sources and all the tools in his signature.

bulldog
1- careful where you dl your pron from ;)

2- try following the steps here

or register here, download Hijackthis, scan your computer and post a log HJT is a very useful program, but it best to let people who know tell you how to get rid of stuff

Yes Bulldog post a HJY log but don't modify anything with that program unless people-who-know tell you. And I'm not one of those people-

Hi,

What is the Verson of Windows you are Using ?

What AV do you Have ? Have you Tried Housecall Online Scan in My Sig ?

Have you Updated The AD-Aware before Doing a Scan ?

Are the advertisement Coming in a Messenger service window ?

Is any of the Anti Spyware or AV picking The Bugger up ? and is not able to Remove it or none of them are able to Pick it up ?

Because if you are telling that you have done Every this ( which I Doubt ) then it might not be a Spyware at all it might be 1. Messenger service 2. Inbound NetBIOS (NetBIOS over TCP/IP) and UDP broadcast traffic. :angel:

Assuming you are on XP ...... In that Case Please Try Disabling Messenger Service

1.Click Start and then click Control Panel.

2.Click Performance and Maintenance.

3.Click Administrative Tools.

admintools6is.jpg

Double-click Services in Administrative Tools.

^
4.Double-click Services as shown in

5.Double-click Messenger.

6.In the Startup type list, choose Disabled

messengerprop9rr.jpg

7.Click Stop, and then click OK.

REF

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Apparently, according to Swordfish himself who is helping me online, I have the Mother of All Spyware programmes attached to me like a friggin remora... we'll let ya know when we whip this thing, he just told me the thing is starting to make him "mad".

UPDATE: Three hours and countless scans and logs"You have the latest and smartest spyware which there is no fix for yet." :roll:

Last edited:
Hi,

And Wife Comes in Between :angel: ..

Ok BullDog ..... I have a Strange Feeling We got Rid of that ..... Just a Few Things to be taken Care ....... See ya on Friday .......... Stay safe Until then .

If we Did manage to remove it you can narrate the Whole Drama How it Unfoalded :angel:

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Last edited:
Roger that, I think there are a few loose ends still but I am no longer being hijacked off to visit sites promoting the latest and greatest timeshare deals on the west Jersey shoreline. :roll:

BTW y'all SF13 is a computer god.

Well for starters no more .exe files from any P2P's and Limewire is a name that will go down in infamy but I shall digress. SF has entrusted the chronicling of our adventure to me but I will freely admit it was his brains and not my fingers that got us through this.

As soon as I realised I had a problem I tried to access some online spyware and virus scanners but the bug was blocking access even through a proxy. So I turned to the Milforum for help. I read this thread and went through all the steps and advice from SF and his signature bar... adaware, spyware hunter killer etc. To no avail.

I was online and talking to IG when I told him I was about to just reformat the ":cen:ing thing" and he said no no no and put me in contact with SF. We went through and checked all the obvious things and under his guidance I went through the motions again... now he was "mad".

We went to Hijack This and I ran it and he looked at the log but NOTHING. It wasn't picking it up and the only thing Ad-aware was finding was Look2Me.Topconverting, but couldn't delete it, even on reboot. So we downloaded Killbox and DllCompare and then even when I fed the file to Killbox...nothing. Tried it on reboot with dummy and NOTHING, still being hijacked. So on dll compare we ran the log a couple times... we tried regedit but it would vanish, the box would open and disappear instantly... clever bastard.

So then we kill the 4 new dll files that showed on the DLL Compare log and download VX2 killer for Ad-aware but nothing... it wasnt Look2Me, it wasn't VX2... I apparently, according to SF, got the newest, brightest and nastiest VX2 version. It has no cure yet and it doesn't show up on any of the scans... none of them. We aren't completely finished as IG came wandering in on messenger and wouldn't stop with the questions... nah, truth is my wife was pissed it was 1:40 in the morning and I was still up "playing on the computer". :)

Tomorrow we will finish disinfecting the machine but at least the heart of the beast has been removed as I am no longer being hijacked and the dll compare logs are clean. I don't understand what we did, any technical questions have got to go to the man, the one the only Swordfish 13.

All hail the mighty Fish!!!

Just one question:
Did you run the spy/adware cleaners in windows safe-mode??
That usually takes care of the problems.

Tried that and it did NADA... that was one of the things we tried in the middle of this mess.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, only read the first page, but a good set of anti-virus & firewalls (all free)

AVG antivirus: picked up over 100 things on my pc, the stuff norton didn't recieve
and
ZoneAlarm: free firewall, blocks viruses & programs you don't know of (so you can choose what accesses the internet off your machine)

To find these, simply google the name.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, only read the first page, but a good set of anti-virus & firewalls (all free)

AVG antivirus: picked up over 100 things on my pc, the stuff norton didn't recieve
and
ZoneAlarm: free firewall, blocks viruses & programs you don't know of (so you can choose what accesses the internet off your machine)

To find these, simply google the name.

One of the things I do routinely is swap out my anti-virus software to get around the issue of some virus's being immune to some software.

Back